17. within the hut

"Hagrid!"

Hannah banged on the tall door of the giant's hut, anger from earlier still evident. Ron made another gag noise to which Hermione gently rubbed his back, small tears slashing down her face.

"What 'you lot doing 'here-" Hagrid cut himself off once he spotted Ron's pale green face, holding back another slug from coming up.

"Come 'n come 'n."

We all ushered into the small hut, Hannah easily wandering over to Fangs while we all took seats around the room. I looked around the different herb Hagrid held on himself, each one rarer than the next.

"Nice 'collection isn't it."

Hagrid reached over me and grabbed a few off the shelf because moving to the fire and mixing then all together, the smell of dewy grass filled the hut weirdly enough.

"What happened?"

"Malfoy was messing with Hemione and Ron tried to step in but his wand isn't in the best of shape," I mumbled out while I read the last few labels.

"What 's he saying?"

"He called me a mudblood."

Hagrid turned from the mixture and looked at the same girl, a little gasp falling from his lips before Harry stuttering filled the room.

"What d-does that m-mean?"

"It means dirty blood, some wizard that are born from muggles should be allowed to associate with pureblood, like the Malfoy's or the Greyheart's," Hermione stood up and leaned on the way, her shoes scraping against the floorboard of the hut.

"That's why Malfoy called us blood traitors, we don't really act like that," Ron filled in the gaps, rubbing his run up and down his neck.

"Don't listen to them Mione, You are brighter than any of them." Hagrid waved his hand at her, Hermione slowly walked over and let Hagrid gently hug her.

"'ere."

Harig took a small vial and filled it with the mix, handing the vial to Ron which he downed it second. His face turned greener, grabbing the bucket that sat beside his and two slugs came tumbling out.

"Give it an hour."

I sighed and let my fingers run over the small bench I sat on, my fingers feeling the same craving made in the wood. I let my fingers run over it once more. I finally looked down at the craving.

'The Marauders Bench'

Marauders?

Oh Merlin Snape journal.

I looked at the small carving of deer horns, dog treat, a circle with drilling inside it, and what looked to be a block of cheese.

"Hagrid?"

"'es."

"Where'd you get this bench?"

"McGonagall threw it about 10 or so years ago, I found it laying around and kept it for me-self."

I nodded and let my fingers trace the wood again, looking at Hannah and raising my eyebrows. She made eye contact for a few seconds before turning and looking at Hermione.

"How ya feeling Ron?"

Harry asked while he stood up, aimlessly walking around the hut more moving to sit beside me, right on the craving.

"I've been better."

The hut fell into a nose silence, the cracking fire was calming after everything. I watched Hannah hand run through Fang's fur and Hermione helped hold the bucket for Ron, who had calmed down a lot.

"I like moments like this," Harry turned his head and whispered in my direction.

"Me too Harry, I like any moment with you four."