26. the rouge brother

"I'll see you all in the common room."

Harry stood from his seat at the long table, the studying atmosphere broken as Harry stormed from the book without a look behind.

I sat on the bench, facing Lee as he helped me with Transfigurations for the evening. He turned to look at me wide eyed before I shrugged, my own eyes as large as his as he turned to the paper.

"Have you spoken to your brother?"

I brushed it off, half the time I couldn't get Noah to leave me alone so of course I've spoken to him.

"We speak Jordan everyday."

"I meant Oden."

Just the sound of his name broke my heart, my poor brother refused to even speak to Sage who was his twin sister for crying out loud.

"Nope," I grabbed the quill and tried to get him to refocus on the paper before us. Lee being friends with my brother and the twins didn't drop it.

"I've seen him around the halls, he's not a kid I remember."

I really appreciated how soft he was talking, keeping down for the Hufflepuff's who sat across the room from us.

"I don't know what happened."

I felt myself lean into Lee, his hand running up and down my shoulder while I let my last few conversations with Oden flash through my brain.

*

JUNE 12TH 1992

"Oden! Sage! Dinner!"

Noah leaned back into the kitchen, everyone already mouth full of food while we waited for the twins to come running down the steps of the manor. Sage hit the last step, running into the kitchen and taking her seat on the other side of the table from me, grabbing a fork and ignoring the glances.

"Where is Oden, honey?"

My father looked at Noah and I, not thinking much as we stole food off each other's plates for the fun of it.

"He's not hungry."

It wasn't weird for Oden to eat til later, but he always sat at the table with us to join the conversation that would soon feel the room. I looked to my mother who was panicking but didn't move from her seat as she pushed the carrots on her plate around.

"You better eat your vegetables mother," Noah's loud voice echoed off the walls but it didn't completely lift everything from the room.

JULY 2ND 1992

"Oden have you seen my quill," I spoke quickly as I ran into his room quickly, holding Ron letter in my hand with news to tell him quickly.

"Oh so you think I stole it?"

I looked at Oden who sat on his bed, his curtains drawn as he crossed his arms and fell to his head board.

"Huh?"

"You think I stole your quill."

I rubbed my finger into my temples, trying to figure out what the world had done to him. When nothing came to mind I looked back up at him with drawn brows.

"Did I say something?"

Oden pushed off the bed, grabbing a book and launching it at the door. I ducked before I realized the book hit the door, the door slamming shut with a loud bang that echoed off the wall.

"What's going on," Sage stood against her door as she walked, sitting on the floor, staring at the door.

"Is Oden okay?"

"I think he's upset about Noah going to visit the Weasley's for the week."

It was true that Oden got grumpy when Noah was gone for too long, he claimed he missed having another guy in the house which was understandable at times. It would be like Hogwarts without Hannah and Hermione.

I nodded my head, standing up and turning to Sage who waited in the doorway for me to speak.

"Have you've seen my quill?"

"Oden borrowed it."

*

I let the few memories flood my thoughts, jumping off Lee and grabbing my paper which I shoved back into my bag.

"You done for the day?"

"Yeah, my head hurts.

I stood up, Ron, Hermione, and Hannah following suit saying they were starting to get tired. Lee also stood up, looking to me with open arms.

"Come on Greyheart, it's proven that my hug can fix any bad news."

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around Lee middle, his arms falling over my shoulders with a bounce.

"We'll survive this Greyheart."

I put some (Y/N) and lee because I love their friendship!!

I also tried something new, so enjoy this short little chapter!!

xoxo-abby