19. petrified: literally or emotionally?

"Uhm guys," Hannah shaking words matched her hand as she reached her finger out, pointing slightly beside the words.

Ms. Norris hung from her back feet, dangling from the ceiling beside the blood, nothing moving in the slightest.

"I'm gonna be sick."

I felt the vomit hit the back of my throat, turning my head to look down the hall where I saw shadows fill the dimly lit hall.

"We have company."

As soon as I pushed the words from my mouth people from all different houses rounded the corner, each gasping as they looked from Ms. Norris to the words and then to us.

"Oh Helga," Ms. Sprout spoke as she held as few kids under her arm, his eyes wandering our faces quickly.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware, you're next Mudblood," Draco's proud voice echoed through the walls as he pointed at Hermione, his eyes full of anger.

I started to see why Noah didn't like me defending him.

Filch pushed though the kids complaining about the hold up. He stopped to the front looking up at us, his eyes wide as he looked from the wall to his beloved cat who looked to be dead.

Oh god, last year was one thing but this was out of my lane.

"Y-you killed my cat."

Filch mumbled the words at first, his hand ghosting across Ms. Norris before he turned to look down as Harry.

"You killed my cat!"

Filch jumped at Harry, my arm wrapped around his robe as I pulled him slightly back. His chest fell into my chest as Filch grabbed for him.

"Argus!"

I looked to the Slytherins, Dumbledore and McGonagall stood in-between the student. Both their eyes raked over the scene.

"Everyone please proceed to their dormitory immediately."

Hannah turned, about to run in the middle of the Gryffindor group.

"Not you five, Ms. Saint."

I heard Hannah breathe bounce off the wall, moving back to stand beside me with sad eyes.

"I hate you a lot for dragging me into this stuff," Hannah whispered into my ear. I let my shoulder bang against hers, my eyes never leaving Filch as he still looked like he was going to grab Harry. I tighten my grip on the arm of his robe sleeve, my sweaty hands would give away my panic soon.

"She's not dead Argus, simply petrified."

"Me too, I'm petrified," Hannah's panicked voice sounded from beside me. Dumbledore nodded his head, his eyes watching me before turning to Lockheart who stood beside the cat.

"So sad I wasn't there, I would have known the perfect counter-spell."

I felt myself laugh, quickly composting as McGonagall coughed from the other side of the room. I nodded, making sure to practice not laughing at inappropriate times when I wasn't about to be killed.

"I believe Professor Sprout is growing some Mandrake we can use to cure her," Dumbledore said, tapping the side of Lockheart's leg for him to move. Lockheart jumped, moving from the hanging cat.

"The Potter boy did it," Filch yelled, pointing back at Harry. I pulled his arm even closer to me as I watched Filch death stare Harry and the rest of us.

"We should have stopped when we saw spiders, Ron whispered from beside Hannah.

"I promise Headmaster it wasn't me, I never touched Ms. Norris," Harry stepped out from my grip slightly, watching Dumbledore closely.