~6~ Hockey

Taylor's POV

The rest of the day goes by uneventfully. We had another call that evening, but it was a quick one.

Gibbs cooked enchiladas for dinner; He's a far better cook than our last candidate. Hopefully he'll stay the candidate for awhile, and we can actually eat well.

I sit down next to Greene, wanting to hash out our plans for tomorrow night. We're going to a hockey game.

Suddenly Moss comes over and sits next to Greene, facing me. What is with this girl? Why doesn't she find someone else to bother?

"Watcha guys talking about?!?" She asks as she takes a bite of her enchilada.

I ignore her, as I take another bite out of mine.

"We're going out tomorrow night to a game," Greene says, giving her a small smile. I don't think he cares for her either.

"Really? What game?" She asks a little too eagerly.

She turns to face me, but I act busy as I take a sip of my soda.

"Eagles," Greene answers.

"Get out!" She says with far too much excitement than really necessary. "My friend and I are going too. Maybe we will see you there, Lieutenant."

Greene's eyes widen—He finally noticed how much she's flirting with me. It's obvious to other people now, fantastic.

I don't say anything as I stand up with my food and go sit next to Ellie and Megan at another table. Poor Greene. I didn't mean to leave him stranded, but he's a big boy. He can deal with it.

As I'm talking to Ellie and Megan, I glance over at the table Jessica's at: She's fuming. If looks could kill, Ellie would be dead right now. All of a sudden, her face changes, slightly. She has a determined look on her face now.

She gets up with her plate of food and heads over to our table. Instead of sitting next to me, she sits right next to Ellie.

"Hey Freeman! We've both been busy today, and I haven't had a chance to introduce myself. I'm Jessica!" She says as she reaches out her hand for Ellie to shake.

Ellie takes it with a warm smile. This girl amazes me. She knows Jessica's agenda. She's not stupid. But that's just Ellie—She's still gonna give her a chance.

"What's up, lady? It's nice to meet you. This is Megan," she says, motioning over her shoulder. Megan and her say hi, and Megan returns to her food.

"So is that your son over there, mopping the floor?" Jessica asks. It's obvious she's trying to get the scope of things.

"It is. That's Liam."

"You don't even look old enough to have a toddler, let alone a teenager." She scoffs.

Ellie smiles, ignoring the obvious dig. "Yeah, I had him when I was 16."

That's what Jessica wanted to know. The way Ellie said "I had him" and not "we had him," confirmed that Liam isn't mine.

The pang that sends me hurts. I wished Liam was mine. We've talked about having kids, but she wants to be married this time. I agree with her. Getting married, and then having lots of kids, sounds pretty good to me.