~25~ Moving Day

Ellie's POV

Today is move-in day. I'm actually more nervous than I thought I'd to be. I wonder if I made the right decision. I'm an idiot if I think moving in with my ex-boyfriend is a good idea. Complete fool.

It's 10 am and Taylor, Alex, and Liam get here to move me out of my place. The three already went to Taylor's apartment first thing this morning to move him. Since I'm pregnant, I'm using the "get out of heavy lifting" card.

Alex greets me with a hug, holding a bag. "Here, El. We all know you'll be in a much better mood if you eat biscuits and gravy."

I tighten my eyes as I look at him, yanking the bag from his hands. "My mood has been fine, thank you very much."

I don't appreciate the chuckles coming from all three of them. I've been a peach this whole pregnancy.

Since there's three strong men here, and I already did all the packing, I decide to sit and enjoy my breakfast for a minute. Everybody's in good spirits. Surprisingly, Alex and Taylor get along great. I really never expected them to, but they just clicked. They've actually become friends these last few years.

"You gonna pull your weight this time? Or are ya gonna pretend to get a cramp again?" Taylor asks as he claps Alex on the back.

"It wasn't a cramp, you dropped the couch on my damn foot. Watch yourself this time, Preston," he says grinning back.

"Ok ladies, quit bickering," Liam says rolling his eyes. "You see what I've been putting up with all morning?"

"You poor thing," I say as I take a sip of the soda they brought me. "You've got a couple things left in your room that needs boxed up. I asked you to do that before you went to dad's yesterday."

Ever since he started his job, he hasn't been getting his chores done like he should.

"You too, huh? We just had a discussion at home last night. He hasn't cleaned his room in three weeks," Alex says.

I have to pick my jaw up off the floor before I can say anything. Not once, ever, has Alex even remotely reprimanded him for anything. Not ever.

"Yeah, well I'm losing my patience. This is your final warning, Liam. Get it packed, and then help your dad and Taylor. Now."

Ok, so maybe I haven't been a total peach

"Yes, Ma'am," Liam says as he quickly goes to his room to finish his work.

It only takes about an hour to get everything out of the apartment. We didn't have much to begin with. We head to the new place after I leave my keys in the office.

When we get there, the men bring up the furniture from my place, and I start the overwhelming job of unpacking.

After another hour or so, Alex and Liam take off. Alex still has Liam another night, and they have plans to go to a game.

So now, here I am with Taylor...alone. We knew it was coming, but having Liam there as a buffer the first night would've helped. I didn't plan that out very well.

We both go do our own thing, unpacking our own rooms. Once I get mine done, it's around dinner time. I decide to start working on the kitchen. We can't even grab a glass of water. Everything we have is in boxes.

Taylor comes in then, looking around at what I've gotten done. "Dang you work fast," he says as he goes to sit down at the island.

I chuckle slightly, "yeah, well I've done this enough times lately," I say before I realized what I just said.