~22~ Mile

Taylor's POV

I'm sitting in Chief's office, trying to figure out where to begin. Jessica lurking outside of Ellie's place was the last straw. She has to get out of the firehouse; She's been following me around for while now. It really ramped up once she found out Ellie was pregnant. I see her at the gym when I'm working out. I see her when I go for a run outside. I see her when I grab takeout. I see her parked outside of my apartment.

I've known I've had a problem for a while now, but it was MY problem. I'm the only one being bothered by this...So I've let it go, hoping she would get bored—She hasn't.

Stalking me over at Ellie's crossed the line. The moment she involved Liam and Ellie into her crazy is the moment she messed up.

As I sit in the chair, explaining my case to Chief, he starts to grab his phone.

"I'm gonna get a call to Alex over at the precinct. He's gonna want to know if Ellie's in danger."

"I really don't think that's necessary, Chief. I don't think she's dangerous. Crazy? Maybe a little. But not dangerous. Let's not make this worse for her than it needs to be; No need to get cops involved. I DO want her out though, and I'm hoping I have your support."

"You do. The atmosphere has been bad for a while; I've just been waiting for you to say something. I'll get the papers through today. This will be her last shift here, but we won't tell her until the morning."

"Thanks Chief. Sorry I've brought all of this into the firehouse," I say, shaking my head.

"Taylor, it's time to forgive yourself. You've got to get your mental health better—You've got a baby on the way," he says, with nothing but love in his voice.

I don't say anything. Instead, I only nod as I leave. I don't even remember what being happy feels like. Not true happiness, anyways.

I go up to Greene next. This plan is never going to work, but I'm gonna try. I have to try.

"Hey Wes. Can I borrow Keegan for a while?"

"He's all yours."

"Thanks," I say as I walk away.

Keegan wasn't thrilled about my idea. "Why the hell am I being dragged into this?" He asks with his arms crossed.

"Look, she said she won't move in with me. I figure it's a long shot. However, she made a comment about how there would be a better chance getting you to run a mile. I figure if I can get your lazy butt to run a mile, maybe I could get her to reconsider."

"I'm insulted," he says darkly. I know Keegan well enough to know that he's kidding. He doesn't take life too seriously, and he loves Ellie...They all do. I know he'll do this for me.

"I just need to know why you think that moving in with your ex-girlfriend isn't a horrible, horrible idea."

I sigh quietly as I start to get emotional. I know it's crazy. I'm out of my mind. But I don't care.

"I'm going to miss it all, Keegan. I'll miss the baby waking up in the middle of the night. I could miss its first smile, first laugh. That thought makes me sick," I say, trying not to cry.

Keegan looks at me for a long moment before he answers. "Ok, let's get this over with. But if I pass out, I better not wake up to you giving me mouth to mouth."

"You've got my word," I chuckle as I squeeze his shoulder. "Thanks."

We spend the better part of an hour running together. The amount of breaks this man had to take was comical. Eventually though, he hit a mile on the treadmill.