~8~ Inebriated

Taylor's POV

The last couple of weeks have been a little strange. Something's going on with Ellie, but she won't tell me what it is. She says everything is fine, but I don't believe her. I wonder if Alex is starting to get on her nerves. We found out that Alex never once enforced any of the punishments we had set in place for Liam. It didn't surprise us, but it's still irritating.

I have a long week ahead of me. This is the weekend that I'm proposing to Ellie. Her dad and twin brother, Justin, are supposed to meet me at her brother Jake's house here in town. Then we're all heading to the riverfront.

I'm proposing to her under the stars at our favorite spot. Megan, Chief Ryder, Greene, Alex, and Liam will all be there too. I'm so nervous, that I haven't been able to eat lately. There isn't a doubt in my mind that she'll say yes, but I just want it to go perfectly.

I think I've been wrong about Jess. I don't think she's attracted to me at all. She's just a sweet girl, who comes across wrong. We've had some really deep conversations the last couple of weeks. She's becoming a fast friend.

Jessica wants to go on a double date with Ellie and me, with this new guy she just started seeing. I've got to run it past Ellie, but I think it sounds like a lot of fun.

Shift is almost over, and Greene and I decide to meet up with a couple other guys for some beers later tonight. Jess overhears, and asks if she can come along too. The more the merrier! Ellie doesn't like drinking, so I'm sure she won't come. Maybe she and Megan will do something tonight since Alex has Liam.

Before I leave for the bar, I go out to the kitchen to say goodbye to Ellie. I see her standing at the stove, making herself some soup in her little short shorts. I actually think about ditching the boys and staying home with my girl. Liam won't be home tonight...

I pick her up and press her against me, rubbing my hands all over her shorts. How can she be so irresistible? If I don't leave right this second, I'm going to be ripping off these shorts and staying home tonight.

I should have.

Instead, I set her down with a soft kiss and tell her I'll be back late.

When I get to the bar, everyone is already there, and they're already one round in. I'm gonna have to play catch-up

Before too long, the drinks are going down extremely smooth, and I feel myself relaxing; The nerves of this weekend are gone. Megan ended up coming, and she and Jess are sitting at a two person table drinking some fruity girly drinks.

"What are you two ladies doing?!!" I ask, being a touch too friendly.

"You've had a lot to drink already, haven't you?" Megan asks, surprised by how I'm acting.

I chuckle loudly—"Yeah well, it's the first time all week that I haven't been nervoussss, sssso let me be, Meg."

"Why are you nervous?" Jessica asks, curiosity burning.

"I'm proposing to my girl this weekend, that's why!" I say as stumble into the table.

I'm pretty past the point of tipsy by now, but I still catch the sudden change in Jessica's demeanor. She looks horror-stricken. That's weird; we're just friends.

"I think you need to go home now, Preston. Come on, I'll drive you," Megan says as she grabs her keys.

"No thanks, mom," I laugh as I take the shot Diego hands me and go back up to the bar.