Chapter 3: Where were you?

3rd P.o.V:

Ozpin: "And finally: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long." *motions over the four as they stand before him* "The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looks to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister.

Yang: "I'm so proud of you!"

Y/n: "WOO YEAH RUBY!!"

The two siblings look over to see Y/n cheering for their siblings. Which causes them to smile. Everyone claps 

Glynda: *amid the last round of cheers* "Those who didn't grab a chess piece will be asked to leave." *looks over to Y/n* "Young man, please come to the stage."

Y/n nods and walks to the front of the stage. He approaches Ozpin and Glynda.

Ozpin: "Mr. Branwen, you had risked your life for or newest student, despite the fact that you were not registered into our school." *Everyone except for Y/n, and Glynda until he smirk* "Which is something that a true huntsman should do. Plus you have proven to such fantastic combat skills and talents. And I would be a fool to let that talent like that to go to waste."

Ozpin turns on the screen with Y/n in his 'greymon' form and his fighting feat. Which everyone looks in amazement.

Ozpin: "Y/n Branwen, I now ask of you, would you like to be a student of Beacon Academy."

Y/n looks over to his siblings who both Ruby and Yang smiles at him. He looks back to Ozpin:

Y/n: "It is a tempting offer.....but I must decline." 

The whole school: *shocked* "WHAAAAAAAT?!!"

Y/n: "Not yet anyways...I need to take care of something first..now if you will excuse me."

Y/n turns around and begins to walk out of the school.

As Y/n continues his way out of the school, he is soon tackled by Ruby,who had tears in her eyes, hugging him close.

Ruby: "Don't go big brother!! We just got reunited!"

Yang and the others run over as Y/n hugs Ruby back rubbing her back of her head trying to comfort her.

Y/n: "I'm sorry Ruby, don't cry. I'll be back."

Yang: *walks over to Y/n* "Do you know..how long we been looking for you." *clenches her fist* "Do you know.. how long how Aunt Branwen, tried finding you? She still trying to find you, she never gave up.."

Y/n: *looks down let's go of Ruby* "I know..." *Yang grabs onto Y/n's collar, he looks up to see Yang's eyes red, but tears running down her face*

Yang:*crying* "D-do you know how much..w-we missed you..?"

Y/n: *pulls Yang into a hug which she hugs back crying* "I know...Yang..I'm sorry I worried you all..I truly am.But I still can't stay here...not yet anyways."

Blake: "Um, if I may ask?" He looks over  Yang's shoulder at Blake.

Blake: "But how do you know Ruby and Yang?"

Weiss: "Yes and why can't you stay with them you dunce?!"

Y/n: *sighs* "Well I got time to explain." *They all sit down to the courtyard.* "Well where to begin..I guess with my name. My name is Y/n Branwen, the adopted son of Quill Branwen and cousin/brother of Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long. From what I can remember of my past, I was alone, a black haired one year old child on a small raft, riding the waves. That is when I made it to shore and met my mother. She took me and took care of me for a bit. But because of her job, she had to keep moving around. So in order to keep me safe. She make me live with my Uncle and Aunt, where I met Ruby and Yang. At first I was loved by their family. But then when I turned 3, everything changed. My black hair suddenly turned pink and my eyes which once yellow turn red. Because of this I was soon neglected and forgotten by my Aunt Summer and my Uncle Taiyang. I was know longer able to enter the house."

Jaune: "That's awful."

Pyrrha: "Did Ruby and Yang?"

 Y/n: "No Ruby and Yang would always to do their best to take care of me. I am lucky to have them. Then came the day my 5th birthday, where I had a fever that day. I didn't want to scare my sisters so I tried to keep up with them. But I soon passed out. Ruby and Yang went to go get help, and my mother who I thought forgot about me returned. She soon learned of how they treated me I guess. But on that night I suddenly changed again. My hair changed yellow and I had green eyes and I soon learned of my semblance as I sensed something coming."

Ren: "Something...coming?"

Nora: 'What?"

Yang: "Did you guys remember the Giant Grimm attack?"

Weiss: "Oh of course, people had reported spotting two giant grimms suddenly appearing in Vale."

Blake: "But what does that have to do with Y/n?"

Y/n: *sighs* "I was one of those monsters, My semblance, Brave evolution...it allowed me to transform into a giant monsters and with it. I was able to stop the stupid lighting shooting bird. But after I unleashed the attack. I soon found myself in my human form in a different world, I admit I was terrified. There was other monsters around, some bigger than that giant bird grimm. I had no idea what to do. I wandered around for about a month, I was hungry, tired, thirsty and cold. I soon collapsed and fell unconscious. I soon woke up nearby a campfire, as I soon greeted to another human."

Pyrrha: "Another human?"

Y/n: "Yeah, his name is Yamato Ishida, same age as me. He explained everything to me, he told me I was in the digital world, and said like me that he was stuck in this world and was trying to find a way back to Remnant. So we decided to work together, we soon learned the they're a corrupted darkness after us. We soon found ourselves on the run. After another 6 years of running we finally found a portal back to Remnant. We ran as fast as we could to the portal. But we had the dark generals behind us trying to stop. But as you can see they failed as we made into the portal, and made them destroy the portal behind us. They could no longer get to us. We soon were heading back to the way back to Remnant, But that's when I heard Ruby scream and separated from Yamato to rush over and we all know the rest."

Everyone grew silent shocked of what they just heard, taking in all they heard.

Y/n: "That is why, I can't stay here..I have to find Yamato. If I need t see if he's okay."

Ozpin: *offscreen* "Well, if that case allow me to assist." The group to looks up at Ozpin who walks over to them* "If you are searching for your comrade, then I can put up a search party for your partner."

Y/n: "Really you can do that?"

Ozpin: *chuckles* "Of course, I am the Headmaster of Beacon Academy after all."

Y/n: *smiles* "Thank you um.."

Ozpin: "Ah I never introduced myself, I am Professor Ozpin, the headmaster of Beacon Academy."

Y/n: "Well, thank you Ozpin" *bows* "I am forever grateful."

Ozpin: *chuckles* "Of course, also would you like me to call you mother to see if you're alright.."

Y/n: "Mom.." *he thinks about it for a moment before looking up nodding* "I like that.."

Ozpin: *smiles* "I shall call her immediately. For now you should rest, you must have a lot of catching up to do with your siblings."

Ozpin walks away as Y/n bows again.

Y/n: "Thank you again Ozpin."