Chapter 8: Igniting a Spark

The scene opens with a waiting Pyrrha and Y/n Branwen, outside a classroom. Jaune come out fist, and Cardin emerges behind him, pushing him to the ground and emitting as 'Ow!' from him that makes the bully laugh before Y/n blasting him with a pepper breath.

Y/n:*glares at the screaming flaming Cardin* "Piece of shit." 

Pyrrha: *pulling Jaune back on his feet* "You know, I really will break his legs." *Jaune sighs, and Pyrrha looks like she is stuck by inspiration* "I have an idea! Here, come with me!" *she grabs a confused Jaune by the arm and drags him along as she turns down the corridor.*

Y/n: 'Hm..I hope Pyrrha can get Jaune out of his funk..' *He looks out the window and watches the sky as he thinks of his mother.* 'I wonder where mom is...does she even miss me..' 

He turns and walks off as a crow come into the view thru the window. Y/n continues his onto a rooftop of one of the buildings with a clear view of the glowing green orbs in the central tower of Beacon. He notices Jaune and Pyrrha talking to each other and listens in.

Jaune: "Pyrrha, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, I'm not that depressed." *looks over the edge of the roof, to the confusion of Pyrrha* "I can always be a farmer or something..."

Pyrrha: *realization hitting her with horror* "N-n-no!" *dashes to push Jaune away from the edge* "That's not why I brought you up here!" *Y/n listens in on their conversation* "Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so.....I want to help you!"

Jaune: "Wh-what?"

Pyrrha: "Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!"

Jaune: *turning away from her, lowering his head and voice* "You're wrong. I-I don't belong here."

Pyrrha: "That's a terrible thing to say! Of course you do!"

Jaune: *turning back around, now angry* "No I don't!" *sighs as Pyrrha looks bewildered and he reveals the truth* "I wasn't really accepted into Beacon..."*turns his back to her so he doesn't have to face her*

Pyrrha: "Wh-what do you mean?"

Jaune *voice got higher and higher as he confesses* "I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any tests. I didn't earn my spot at this Academy!" *looks at her again* "I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!" 

Pyrrha: "What? But...why?"

Jaune: "Cause this always what I wanted to be!" *turns away again* "My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough."

Pyrrha: *approaching him placing a hand on his hand on his shoulder* "Then let me help you!"

Jaune: *suddenly turning on her with mad frustration* "I don't want help! I don't want to be the damsel in distress! I want to be the hero!"

Pyrrha: "Jaune, I-"

Jaune: "I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?"

Pyrrha attempts to reach out for his arm and console him, but he leans back from his torch.

Jaune: "Just...leave me alone* *Jaune was about to walk away only to see Y/n in front of him* "Y/n...."

Y/n: "KONO BAKA!" *He handchops Jaune's head hitting him hard causing his blonde friend to fall over hold his head falling over* 

Pyrrha: "JAUNE!" *runs over to Jaune and looks at Y/n, who looks agree* "Y/n What did you do th-" 

Y/n pulls Jaune close by his student outfit, Jaune looked terrified.

Y/n: "Apologize to Pyrrha!"

Jaune: "W-wha-"

Y/n: "She is trying to help you damn it! Take the offer!"

Jaune: "Y/n...what is going on?"

Y/n: *looks down and covers his eyes* "Jaune...let me ask you something do you think...heroes are born as heroes.."

Jaune: "Huh.." *slowly noticing tears dripping down his chest piece* "Y/n?"

Y/n: "Do you think me and Yamato...would have survived in the alone...? No...the world we were in we would have died....if we didn't meet our teacher..." *Jaune and Pyrrha's eyes widen as they never knew this as he continue* "Back in the digital world we would lost our live multiple times...but luck for us..we met master." *A shadow of a massive bipedal standing a younger Y/n and Yamato* "He put us thru intense training...and told us all about our semblance and how our semblance. Once he said we needed to explore ourselves he gave us two of the most important pieces advice of all. He told us..that no one can truly a hero..if they do not have a reason to fight...that no real hero ever fights alone. And with that in mind...you and the people you care will grow.."

Y/n: *looks up at Jaune as he wipes his tears away gently lets go the blondie* "Ozpin would know the difference of between a fake and real transcript. He saw something in great potential in you. So never put yourself down and say you can't do something...you want the prove your father and grandfather wrong then do so...but let people help you and guide you....or don't it's your life.." Y/n turns and walks off leaving  Jaune and Pyrrha speechless. As Y/n walked inside he glares at Cardin who was hiding in the corner silently and see Y/n's cold stare.* "If you make one word out of Jaune and I will kill you.....got it?" 

Cardn nods terrified before Y/n walks back downstairs. As he soon makes it to his dorm and he was about to reach the door handle. He hears a very familiar voice. One he hasn't heard since his disappearance.

Quill: *offscreen*  "Y/n?"

Y/n turns is head and his eyes widen as he sees his mother Quill Branwen tearing up to see her long lost son. 

Y/n: "........Mom?..."