The War Meeting

Zuko's POV
Once the servants had servants had gotten me ready, they stood around me offering me various things,

"Fresh fruit, Prince Zuko?"

"May I wash your feet, sir?"

"Head massage?"

"Hot towel?"

I took a hot towel and dabbed my head before making my way to the palace gate. I was met by an excitable crowd, I waved to them and was about to leave when the servants appeared behind me,

"Prince Zuko, is something wrong? You didn't take the Palanquin."

"I'm just going to Y/N's house. It's not far."

"It's not a prince's place to walk anywhere, sir."

I gratefully smiled to him before boarding the palanquin as I was escorted to Y/N's house, about two minutes from the palace.

We hung out all day, just like when we were younger, later in the day, Mai came over, not realising that I was there.

"Oh, you're with Zuko?"

I awkwardly scratched my neck,

"Hi, Mai."

"You don't need to act so stand-offish with me, we're friends, aren't we?"

"I suppose we are..."

She joined Y/N and I inside, I cleared my throat and asked,

"Are you two hungry? What would you have right now if you could have anything in the world?"

Mai asked,

"A big fancy fruit tart, with rose petals on top?"

Then Y/N chimed in,

"And also *insert your favourite food*"

"You know, being a prince and all, I might just be able to make that happen."

Mai chuckled,

"That would be impressive."

I turned to some servants,

"Do you think you can find a fresh fruit tart with rose petals on top, and *insert your favourite food* for the ladies?"

The servants bowed,

"Excellent choices, sir."

Mai turned to me, impressed,

"I guess there are some nice perks that come with being royalty. Though there's annoying stuff too, like that all-day war meeting coming up."

"War meeting, what are you talking about?"

"Azula and Y/N mentioned something, I- I assumed you were going too."

"I guess I wasn't invited."

Once Mai had eaten her fruit tart, she bid us both goodbye and went home.

I huffed and turned to Y/N,

"Why didn't you tell me about the war meeting!?"

"I didn't think I had to... the only reason I know is because I'll be accompanying my father, I thought that you were coming too..."

I sighed and turned away.

After a while, Y/N cleared her throat, I turned to face her,

"Just so you know, Zuko, I'll be leaving in the next few days with my father, he's letting my join his division."