The Southern Raiders

Zuko's POV
We all sat around the fire place after our tents were set up, Y/N sat close beside me, distancing herself from the rest of the group.

Aang reminisced,

"Wow, camping. It really feels like old times again, doesn't it?"

"If you really want it to feel like old times, I could, uh... chase you around a while and try to capture you."

Everyone laughed except Katara who sarcastically said,

"Ha-ha."

I ignored her as Sokka raised his cup,

"To Zuko. Who knew after all those times he tried to snuff us out, today he'd be our hero!"

Everyone else raised their cups, except Y/N and Katara,

"Hear, hear!"

Y/N looked over at me and warmly smiled, I looked back at the group,

"I'm touched. I don't deserve this."

Katara glared up at me and remarked,

"Yeah, no kidding."

Then she stood up at walked away, Sokka turned to watch her leave and asked,

"What's with her?"

I jumped up and and sighed,

"I wish I knew."

"What's with him?"

I followed after Katara, leaving Y/N to sit by herself with the group.

When Katara noticed me approaching her she turned to me and scowled, I huffed,

"This isn't fair. Everyone else seems to trust me now, what is it with you?"

She turned back to me and snapped,

"Oh? Everyone trusts you now? I was the first person to trust you, remember? Back in Ba Sing Se! And you turned around and betrayed me, betrayed all of us!"

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

"You really wanna know? Hmm, maybe you could reconquer Ba Sing Se in the name of the Earth King. Or, I know, you could bring my mother back!"

Her mother. She's mentioned this before, she's seemed to have connected her anger about what happened to her mother to her anger at me... I don't know what I'm supposed to do about that, though. I didn't kill her mother. I was a kid when it happened, I don't even know who did it. 

Y/N's POV
Zuko ran after Katara and I awkwardly sat with the rest of his group.

Nobody said anything for a while, but then Sokka tried to break the tension,

"So... Y/N, Zuko says you're a bit of a prodigy, you're a good fighter then?"

"Um... yes? You should know that, I literally fought with you on top of the gondola yesterday. I also chased you around for a long time trying to capture him."

I pointed at Aang who awkwardly smiled,

"Well, that's in the past now... so, why don't you tell us about yourself?"

"Oh, uh... what do you wanna know?"

"Well, what do you do in your free time?"

"Train."

"What about when you're not training?"