Sozin's Comet: Part 3

Zuko's POV
We was escorted to the camp my uncle was staying in by members of the Order of the White Lotus, who all seemed to be well acquainted with the rest of the team.

As we arrived, I looked around and asked,

"Where? Where is he?"

Master Piandao pointed to a tent and informed me,

"Your uncle's in there, Prince Zuko."

I paused for a minute and took a breath before making my way towards the tent and stopping again at the entrance, hanging my head.

I crossed my legs and sat by the door, but was quickly greeted by Katara,

"Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay. My uncle hates me, I know it. He loved me and supported me in every way he could, and I still turned against him. How can I even face him?"

Her look of concern shifted to a soft smile as she reassured me,

"Zuko, you're sorry for what you did, right?"

"More sorry than I've been about anything in my entire life."

"Then he'll forgive you- he will."

I nodded and stood up, sighing, my heart was beating out of my chest.

As I entered the tent I started,

"Uncle..."

But he was snoring loudly.

I smiled and sat down, waiting for him to wake up.

I waited until the sun rose and uncle finally sat up stretching, he noticed me, but didn't turn to face me.

I knew it, he hates me.

I took a deep breath,

"Uncle, I know you must have mixed feelings about seeing me. But I want you to know I am so, so sorry, uncle."

I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes as my voice cracked,

"I am so sorry and ashamed of what I did. I don't know how I can ever make it up to you, but I-"

I was cut off as he pulled me into a warm, tight hug with tears streaming down his face.

"How can you forgive me so easily? I thought you would be furious with me."

I felt the grip of his hand grow tighter as he assured me,

"I was never angry with you. I was sad, because I was afraid you'd lost your way."

"I did lose my way."

He pulled away and held onto my shoulders proudly,

"But you've found it again... and you did it by yourself, and I am so happy you found your way here."

He pulled me back in as I muttered,

"It wasn't that hard, uncle. You have a pretty strong scent."

I felt his hand patting my back in assurance.

Soon after, I had explained that Aang was missing and uncle joined the rest of the team for breakfast outside.

He eyed everyone before turning to me,

"I am surprised that Y/N is not with you, Prince Zuko."

I felt my heart drop slightly,

"Oh... yeah, she's gone home, to join the fight, she's not on our side anymore. So, umm-"