Sozin's Comet: Part 1

Y/N's POV
When I arrived back home, I climbed through my bedroom window and swung my wardrobe doors open.

There it was.

Before me was armour, the armour that I was supposed to wear when I was to go into battle as a soldier in the army.

I almost had the chance to wear this when I left Zuko after the North Pole, but like an idiot I went running back to him, I went running back just for him to betray me.

I pulled the armour out of my wardrobe and hauled it back out of my window. I made my way into the woods, dressed myself in my armour and pulled the helmet over my head.

There.

No one will recognise me, I can still serve my nation after what I did.

I already knew where I was going, the fleet of air ships that were heading to the Earth Kingdom were going to depart a few hours before the comet is due, so if I were to board one of the ships, I could assist the end of the Earth Kingdom.

I felt a pit in my stomach.

Why was I feeling so uneasy around the thought of my plan?

I pulled my things together before making my way out of the forest and beginning my journey to the air ships.

Where will Zuko be on the day of the comet?

Where are my parents? Where will they be serving? Will I see either of them on the air ship?

As I made my way into town, I saw a poster with my face on it; I was a fugitive, there was a high reward for my capture.

It's fine. I was going to prove myself. Once Azula and the Fire Lord find out that I helped today, they'll realise that I'm good, I'm on their side, they'll welcome me back to the Fire Nation.

But, what about Zuko?

I shook my head to myself.

No. He made his choice.

"But the avatar and his friends were so nice to you, they were so welcoming and so willing to let you in."

I turned around.

Who said that?

No, no, no. Not again. No, everything was finally getting quieter.

"Now you're betraying them."

I pressed my hands over my ears and yelled:

"Leave me alone!"

A few people in the town turned and looked at me, concerned as I yelled that. I pulled my helmet further down and walked faster.

Zuko's POV
"There is one technique you need to know before facing my father- how to redirect lightning. If you let the energy in your own body flow, the lightning will follow it. You're turning your opponent's energy against them."

Aang's face lit up as he exclaimed,

"That's like water bending!"

"Exactly. My uncle invented this technique himself by studying water benders."

He mirrored me as he asked,

"So, have you ever redirected lighting before?"

"Once. Against my father."

"What did it feel like?"

"Exhilarating. But terrifying. You feel so powerful holding that much energy in your body, but you know if you make the wrong move, it's over."