There's A Room Where The Light Won't Find You

Tommy crushed a blaze rod with his fist, sprinkling it into the potion slowly. He sighed and stood up, pacing around the hot dog cart restlessly. He was ready to fight. He didn't know how long he could sit around before going crazy. The bright white lights from the top of the van illuminated it eerily, keeping Tommy awake. 

Tommy jumped when he heard frantic pounding on the door of the van. He drew his sword and crept slowly towards the door, swinging it open cautiously. 

"Tubbo?"

Tommy's eyes widened with shock as he saw Tubbo's pale and sweaty face. His green shirt was wrapped around his leg, acting as a tourniquet. His white undershirt was stained with sweat and grime. Tubbo's brown hair sagged over his baggy eyes as he nearly collapsed on Tommy, grabbing his shoulders. 

"Tommy, we need to go. We need to go now!" Tubbo gasped out, shaking Tommy's shoulders. "They-they're-" 

"Tubbo slow down!" Tommy held his trembling friend as he gasped out shaky breaths, hyperventilating. He stifled a gasp when he saw a blood stain slowly spreading across Tubbo's black jeans. 

"Tub-your leg-!" Tubbo shoved Tommy off when he tried to examine it, panic in his eyes. 

"There's no time Tommy." Tubbo pleaded, urgency lacing his words. He grabbed Tommy's hand, limping as fast as he could out of L'Manburg. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tubbo! Tubbo what's going on-" Tommy shouted as he was dragged along the moonlit streets. It was 3 am, and no one was out. The 2 friends flew along, Tubbo sprinting as fast as he could, occasionally stumbling. He stopped suddenly in front of the L'Manburg embassy, a tower in front of Tommy's house. He limped inside, scrambling up the ladder, Tommy close behind. 

"Did you bring the obsidian?" Tubbo panted, out of breath. 

"Tubbo, what is going on?" Tommy gripped Tubbo's shoulders, staring into his scared eyes. Tubbo finally broke, collapsing against Tommy's chest, breathing heavily. 

"I was trading with my villagers and-" Tubbo sucked in another big breath. "Sapnap was there. He-he started shooting at me- I got the materials in my ender chest but-" 

"Breathe, Tubbo, breathe." Tommy rubbed his back reassuringly as Tubbo breathed in and out. 

"I-I know where they are now. They should be on the roof of the Nether. I saw them go into the portal when they were chasing me."

Tommy's eyes darkened, fists clenching. "Oh those BASTARDS!" he shouted. 

"Tommy." The fear in Tubbo's eyes was replaced with determination. "We need to trap the portal." 

He rushed to the portal, placing down obsidian blocks frantically. 

"Wait-trap the portal-what does that mean?" 

Tubbo didn't respond, placing an ender crystal near the swirling purple. He stared at it with fire in his eyes, waiting. Suddenly, Tommy saw a running figure in the distance. He squinted harder, and his breath hitched when he saw the flash of netherite armor. 

"Tubbo, we need to go."

Tubbo glanced at him, annoyed. "Tommy, this is the only way off the roof of the Nether. We need to-" Tommy grabbed his arm, shocking him. 

"No, Tubbo we need to go RIGHT NOW. They're heading towards us." 

"Wait-what how did they get off the roof-" 

Tommy grabbed his shoulders. "Tubbo, you need to get out of here. Tell the others that the war has already started. Bring them to the embassy with backup and weapons." 

"But I can't just leave you here-"

"Tubbo. Go. That's an order."

Tubbo's eyes were filled with sadness, but he nodded and ran to the ladder.  He stopped for a second, and turned back, saluting. 

"Good luck solider." Tommy said, smirking. He watched Tubbo climb down the ladder and limp towards L'Manburg. Tommy would never admit it, but he was scared. He knew he wouldn't win this battle. 

Tommy heard shouts, and an arrow planted next to him. He scrambled to the side, hoisting himself to the top of the roof. He glanced over the side, seeing the 4 netherite-clad figures rush inside the building. His heart thumped in his chest as he heard boots hitting the rungs of the ladder. He glanced at his iron sword in his hand. It wouldn't be enough against the Dream Team. 

"Oh TOMMYYYYYYYY!" Dream yelled. "We know you're up here!"

Tommy clutched his knees to his chest as Dream dragged his sword on the roof of the tower, the scraping of the metal sending shivers up his spine. 

"We saw your little friend run off Tommy." Dream sneered. 

Tommy stood up, shaking. "Fight me yourself, you fucking coward." 

Dream smiled, pinpointing his location. He hoisted himself onto the roof, Sapnap, George, and Punz behind him. Tommy pointed his sword at them defiantly, trying to hide his fear. Dream grinned crazily, advancing towards him. 

"We saw that clever little trap Tommy. Too bad it didn't go to plan." Dream fake pouted, spinning his sword in his hand menacingly. 

"How-how did you get off the roof?" Tommy stuttered out, glaring at Dream as he advanced towards him. He gingerly took small steps backwards towards the edge of the tower. 

"Let's just say we had a little help." Dream snickered, his team laughing behind him. 

"You could use a little help right now Tommy." 

Tommy's eyes widened as Dream pushed his chest. He tilted backwards, stomach dropping as he fell, Dream smirking at him. 

The last thing he saw was the beautiful orange glow of the sunrise before he blacked out in midair. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you guess the title of the next chapter?