Are You Ready To Say Goodbye?

"NO!" 

Dream felt a desperate shout escape his lips as he watched his arrow hit its mark. Tommy's crystal blue eyes flashed with forgiveness before the young boy fell to the ground. Dream heard Tubbo scream as he sunk to his knees. He stared ahead in horror as Wilbur yelled for a medic and Tubbo knelt next to Tommy's body, shouting his best friend's name. 

Dream felt George's arms wrap around him. Everything felt numb, cold. Empty sobs wracked his body. 

There are no villains, and there are no saints. 

-------------------

"TOMMY! TOMMY PLEASE!" 

Tommy blinked woozily, staring up at his best friend. Everything seemed so slow as he felt an ice cold sensation spread from his stomach. 

"Tubs- give them both of my discs. Don't stop-" He coughed weakly. "Don't stop until L'Manburg is free." 

"No, no Tommy- Tommy you aren't thinking straight-" 

Tommy pushed the discs to Tubbo's chest, clenching his hand. Tubbo's tears fell on his face.

"Tubs- you're my best friend, y'know that right?" Tommy smiled softly at him. 

"Y-you're my best friend too, Tommy-" Tubbo sobbed, trying to smile back but failing miserably. 

Tommy chuckled quietly. "I thought I'd be scared Tubs- I thought I'd be scared when the time came. But I can't feel anything- everything is so slow. Is this what it feels like to die Tubs?"

"No, Tommy, you aren't going to die. Will's getting a medic- you'll be alright in no time-" 

"I- I'm so tired Tubs-" Tommy felt his grip on Tubbo's hand loosen as he laid his head back. 

"TOMMY! Tommy stay with me please- just stay awake a little longer-" 

Tommy reached up slowly, using the last of his strength. He rested his hand on Tubbo's tear-stained cheek. "Don't cry Tubs. I-I'm just going to go to sleep." 

"TOMMY-TOMMY DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE-TOMMY YOU PROMISED ME-" 

"I'm sorry." Tommy whispered, smiling up at Tubbo one last time before black clouded his vision. 

------------------

Tommy opened his eyes slowly. He seemed to be in a black void, devoid of life. He felt his stomach, searching for the arrow. There was nothing there. He stood up, glancing around at the black nothingness. 

Tommy squinted at what seemed like a purple haze. When it came closer, he realized it was a girl with a purple cloak. A halo floated above her curly brown hair and a white mask obscured her eyes. She seemed to radiate light, standing out in the void. She stopped in front of Tommy, smiling softly. 

"Are you here to take me?" Tommy said calmly. 

"Take you where, Tommy?" Her voice was soft, like a whisper, but somehow echoed around the barren landscape. 

"Just tell me. Am I going to heaven or hell?" 

The girl simply stood there, taken aback. 

"It's hell, isn't it? It's all the cuss words, I know it. I guess I won't see Tubs-he's definitely going to heaven-" 

"Do you want to die, Tommy?" 

"I don't get a choice, do I?"

The girl paused, thinking. She suddenly smiled. "I have someone you might want to see." 

A man walked up behind her. He adjusted his red tie as he smiled at Tommy. 

"Jschlatt?" 

Tommy stared at him, mouth agape, as he knelt down. "The same." 

"I admire you, kid." Tommy tilted his head in confusion. 

"Why?" 

Jschlatt chuckled. "You don't know how brave you are, do you? Not every 16 year old kid would put himself in danger for his friends. You were ready to die for them." 

"They're not just my friends." Tommy smiled softly."They're my family." 

Jschlatt placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you ready to say goodbye to them?" 

Tommy looked down at his feet. "N-no. I-I want to laugh with Tubbo. I want to listen to Fundy playing the keyboard- I-I want to joke around with Wilbur. And I-" Tommy looked up. "I'm not ready to die." 

Jschlatt glanced back at the girl, who was smiling softly. "He's brave, isn't he?" 

"I know he is." The girl walked over to Tommy, her steps echoing. 

"Why didn't you shoot him, Tommy? Why did you throw away your shot?" The girl asked him quietly, her tone questioning instead of accusatory. 

"He-he wasn't the villain. He was-" Tommy paused. "He worried about his friends. He loved George. George would've been devastated-" 

"Your friends are devastated too." 

"I know." Tommy whispered. "But he was- he was-" 

"Human?" 

Tommy nodded. "He was like me. We both had flaws. He didn't- he didn't have to die." 

The girl smiled at him. "You're so brave, Tommy. You're selfless. You don't find that a lot in people." She grinned at Jschlatt. He nodded to her. 

"I'll ask again. Do you want to die, Tommy?" 

Tommy looked at her, determination in his eyes. "No, I want to live." 

She smiled at him, walking towards Jschlatt. He beamed at Tommy. She pulled a strange object from her pocket and waved it in the air. A white light burst from the area, creating a blinding doorway. She turned back to him. 

"Live, Tommy. Laugh, cry, forgive." 

He walked towards the doorway cautiously. "Tubbo would be so weirded out if he was here." 

The girl laughed, a sound like twinkling bells. "Never grow up Tommy." 

Tommy gazed at the blinding light, about to step in. He suddenly paused, turning back. The girl was standing next to Jschlatt, waving, her small figure contrasting against his tall one.  

"What's your name?"  

Her hand stopped in midair. She seemed shocked for a moment. She smiled nervously. 

"Just call me The Author."

"Are you an angel?"

Tommy heard her whisper"Trust me Tommy, I'm no angel." before the white light enveloped him. 

----------------------