I'll Save You

"E-Eret?"

Tubbo stared up at Eret's smug grin looming over him. He felt tears prick the corner of his eyes.

"Eret- we trusted you." Wilbur's eyes narrowed as he spoke, gritting in his teeth in pain as he held his arm.

"I-I grinded with you for hours Eret- you-you can't be joining them right?" Tears were now flowing freely down Tubbo's face. "Right Eret? Right-"

"You fucked up, Eret." Tommy snarled, trying to stand up. Bruises littered his arms and a purple halo surrounded his right eye. He collapsed back onto the floor weakly.

Eret regarded Tubbo's tear-stained face. He reached down and brushed Tubbo's tears away with a calloused finger.

"Sorry, kid." Eret said with fake sympathy, grinning at Tubbo's shocked expression. Tommy growled with animosity, shoving him away.

"Don't fucking touch him, you traitor."

Eret chuckled, standing up with an amused expression. Tommy glared at him as he held Tubbo, who was as still as a statue.

"Down with the revolution boys. It was never meant to be."

He turned away as the Dream Team advanced towards them. Dream grinned as he tilted Fundy's chin up with his sword. Fundy's eyes filled with fear as the sword dug into his neck.

"Fundy!"

Wilbur desperately tried to shove Dream away, but was met with a firm kick from Punz. Dream chuckled with amusement, squatting down to look Fundy in the eye.

"Should we kill them Eret?"

Eret felt a pang of guilt course through him as he stared at his shoes. He suddenly felt sick.

Did you regret it?

He shook himself, puffing his chest out and plastering a smile on his face.

Of course not. It was worth it. I will become king, and that's the only thing that matters.

But was it the right thing to do?

"Don't waste your energy. Deposit them back in their 'country'"

Eret tried to hide the slight shaking in his voice as Dream pulled his sword from Fundy's neck in disappointment. They forced the defeated soldiers to their feet, prodding them with their swords to move back down the tunnel. Eret locked eyes with Tubbo for a second, his broken, betrayed eyes boring into his soul. They didn't seem angry, but shattered, falling apart.

That stare would haunt Eret for the rest of his life.

Was it worth it, Eret?

-----------------------

Wilbur glanced around the hot dog van, dread settling in as he saw his defeated teammates. Tubbo stared ahead sadly, Tommy silently shaking his shoulder. He seemed like he was in a trance. Fundy scurried around, trying to heal cuts and injuries. 

 Wilbur stared up at the blinding white lights, thinking. 

It's not your fault, Wilbur. 

It is. I trusted the guy. 

You can't blame everything on yourself. 

Do you see Tubbo! He's broken. 

He sighed, resting his head back on the cool metal of the van. He closed his eyes, letting the buzz of the electric lights lull him to sleep. 

--------------

Wilbur woke up in a battlefield. 

He stood up, glancing around at the smoldering ruins of his nation. He stared in horror at the various craters littering the landscapes. The walls had fallen, and the hot dog cart was flipped over, burning. Wilbur stumbled through the ruins desperately. 

"TOMMY! TUBBO?" Wilbur glanced around in panic. "FUNDY?"

His breath hitched when he spotted an arm poking out of the rubble. He rushed over, peering into the unseeing crystal blue eyes of Tommy. He sank to his knees, shaking the young boy's chest. 

"Tommy- Tom- wake up. Wake up Tom-" 

But Tommy's eyes kept on staring ahead, cold and unmoving. He laid next to Tubbo, his cold hand clenching Tubbo's small one. Wilbur gasped as he saw blood spreading from the middle of Tubbo's dark green shirt. An arrow was pierced through his stomach.  

"Tubbo- Tubs- get up please, please get up-" 

Wilbur tilted his head down, trying to search for a heartbeat in his friend's chest. Nothing was there. Wilbur grasped Tubbo's hand. He sobbed at the two best friends, laying side by side, together even in death. His tears mixed with the blood spreading from Tubbo's lifeless chest. 

"Wilbur?" 

Wilbur whipped around, spotting Fundy lying farther away in some rubble. He coughed weakly. 

"Wilbur?" 

Wilbur rushed to him, cradling him in his arms. 

"I'm right here Fundy- it's ok, I'm here-" 

"Wilbur." Fundy peered up at him with scared black eyes. "I don't want to die." 

"No, no you won't die Fundy- you won't die- just stay a little longer with me, alright?" 

Fundy clung to Wilbur's shirt, becoming weaker by the second. "You could've saved us." He started to lower his head, relaxing. 

"I-I'm tired, Wilbur." He started to close his eyes, breath slowing. 

"NO- NO FUNDY- JUST STAY WITH ME- STAY WITH ME PLEASE-" Wilbur sobbed, clenching Fundy's shirt in his fist. He watched as Fundy breathed out shakily one last time before his eyes glazed over, no longer seeing. 

"FUNDY- FUNDY-" 

Wilbur broke down, sobbing into Fundy's lifeless chest. He pet his fluffy fox ears, which had once perked up in excitement, but now were matted with blood. His heartbroken cries echoed around the barren wasteland as it burned around him. 

-----------------

Hey guys! I had to redo Wilbur's dream because it somehow got deleted, but I have it back now! If you read it when the part was deleted, I apologize for the confusion. Sorry if the last part doesn't seem as good as last time, I had to redo it. 9/6/2020