If We Only Had Time

"I don't know- he lost a lot of blood- I-"

Tommy blinked groggily. He was lying in a bed with scratchy sheets. He tried to sit up, but the searing pain in his gut made him sink back down into the bed. He rubbed his thumb over the bandages wrapped around his stomach.

"I'm sorry Tubbo- you can't see him right now-"

Tommy's eyes widened. He recognized the soft, sweet voice that was now tinged with worry.

"Niki?"

The voices stopped. "Tommy!"

A chorus of voices burst into the room. Tubbo came into his vision, smiling happily despite the dark circles under his eyes. Fundy nearly jumped onto him, his fox eyes twinkling with happiness. Wilbur's eyes were tinged with red as he smiled down at Tommy tiredly. Nihachu walked over, smiling even though she was annoyed at the boys.

"Tommy! You're awake! We were so worried-"

"Yeah, Tubbo cried his eyes out for 3 days straight-"

"You cried too!"

"No I did not-"

The boys babbled at each other while Tommy laid there, confused.

"Wait- three days? How long was I out?"

"A week, Tommy. You lost a lot of blood, and if Wilbur didn't reach me in time-"

"Of course Wilbur would call you first." Niki's cheeks tinged with pink, and Wilbur looked away, turning a bright red. Fundy and Tubbo giggled at Tommy's remark.

"I-I called her because she was the closest healer- I mean, of course, I would've called her-" Wilbur stuttered, his calm and cool composure dropping.

"Oh, shoo boys, you're disturbing him. You saw him, now go~" She ushered them out quickly, trying to hide her bright pink cheeks. She wagged her finger at Tommy, handing him a potion.

"Naughty." She shook her head as he downed it in one gulp.

"You know he's your best friend, even though you don't want to admit it," Tommy whispered. 

Niki tried to suppress her smile as she shook her head.

"I'm glad you're back Tommy."

------------------

"Word just came back. He's ok."

George sat down next to Dream, who was staring at the sunset from the top of their house. He breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Good."

They sat in silence for a moment, George resting his head against Dream's shoulder. Dream rubbed the back of George's hand as he held it. He suddenly let out a shaky laugh.

"I was so stupid."

"What do you mean? You're the opposite of stupid, babe. I know that from experience." George smiled at Dream.

"I didn't even have a reason to start the war I was just so angry. I guess-" Dream chuckled, shaking his head. "I guess I could say you were the reason this war started, George."

"What?" George raised his eyebrows in shock. "I wasn't even here until later!"

Dream squeezed his hand."It's not your fault. It was mine. I was -" He looked down, cheeks flushing. "I was jealous."

"Jealous of what, Dreamie?"

"You and Maia." Dream stared intensely at his shoe. George suddenly burst out laughing.

"What? We're just friends! Wait- so you were so jealous that you decided to start a war?" Dream shrugged, rubbing his arm in shame.

"Oh, Dream." George intertwined his fingers with Dream's hand. "You could've just talked to me!" Dream continued to stare at the ground.

"Hey." George touched his cheek, turning his face towards him. "Even though I'm sorta mad that you didn't just tell me, now I can say you started a war for me! Couple goals, right?"

Dream laughed softly. "I love you, Georgie."

"I love you too."

-----------------------

"And then I was like- L'Manburg deserves independence!- and they were like-"

Tommy smiled at Tubbo's enthusiastic interpretation. They were sitting on the cool blackstone of L'Manburg's walls, legs swinging over the edge. Wilbur and Nihachu sat to their far right, Wilbur serenading her with his guitar. Tommy smirked as she stared at Wilbur lovingly. To their left, Fundy talked enthusiastically with their new member, Jack Manifold. The setting sun cast an orange glow over their faces.

"And that's how L'Manburg got it's freedom!"

Tubbo smiled proudly as he finished his story. The two friends sat in silence for a moment, Tommy staring into the sunset, deep in thought.

"Tubbo."

"Yeah, Tommy?"

"Am I brave?"

Tubbo stared at him quizzically. "What do you mean?"

"I had this weird dream." Tubbo's eyebrows furrowed, urging him to go on.

Sometimes the best things are left unspoken.

Tommy cleared his throat. "But it's over now."

"I think you're brave Tommy." Tommy looked at him, shocked. Tubbo smiled softly. "But don't let it get to your head."

Tommy laughed, holding his bandaged stomach. "The great TommyInnit is very humble, Tubbo!" He turned towards the inner L'Manburg city, changing the subject.

"How did you guys rebuild so quickly?"

Tubbo's eyes darkened. "Eret-" His fists clenched in anger. "Eret offered to help rebuild. I was going to throw him out but- but Wilbur said we needed all the help we could get." His voice was cold, steely. "If he thinks we're gonna forgive him, he's wrong. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him-"

Tommy watched as Tubbo spat out words like venom. His eyes narrowed and he opened his mouth, about to say some choice words about Eret.

He's human too.

Tommy's eyes widened. "Tubbo."

"Yeah?" Tubbo's voice was still angry.

"Do you think Eret helped because he was guilty?"

Tubbo crossed his arms angrily. "I don't care if he is guilty or not. Let him suffer. He betrayed us."

"Tubs." Tubbo looked at Tommy in shock as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Everyone makes mistakes. It's what makes us human."

Tubbo was taken aback. "Who are you, and what have you done with TommyInnit?"

Tommy chuckled, staring back into the the orange sky. "I think it's best if we just- forgive."

Tubbo leaned against him, sighing. "I think that's going to take some time, Tommy. Maybe one day."

A small smile came to Tommy's lips. "One day."

Live, laugh, forgive, Tommy. You have all the time in the world.

The two friends leaned against each other, looking into the sunset. Tommy smiled, his cheeks illuminated by the setting sun.

We have all the time in the world.

The End~ for now.....