Hard Truth

"Hey! Here comes the fairy!" He felt a familiar elbow jostle against him, even after three months of repetitive bullying, Grayson couldn't ignore it. It's not like he could tell his mother, he was too embarrassed. She carried whatever jobs she could keep up with, being a single mother was a challenge itself. Even worse, what if she really thought her own son liked men? That talk was shunned upon. "Look at that queer outfit, did your Momma make that for you? You a Momma's boy?" The taunting voice filled with amusement followed him down the hallway.

Grayson tried to turn the corner, attempting to escape the awful sayings. It made his head spin and his stomach flip inside out. He was granted no luck, and the voice only followed him. Grayson hated that damn bully, but in a way, he was right about everything. Grayson was actually pretty sure he liked him at one point, as in more than friends. Kissing a girl just felt wrong, but the thought of another boy against his lips caused his knees to fall weak. He had made sure to keep his mouth shut about that though, but kids caught on and the rumors had been the talk of his high school for what felt like years.

Grayson suddenly feels an arm grab his wrist, making him huff out. He relaxes through when he sees his best friend, Vanessa, trying to help him out of the sticky situation. Grayson was lucky to have at least one ally in the entire school, and Vanessa had stuck with him since the beginning of time.

"Leave him alone, he hasn't done anything to you! Come on, lets head to math." Vanessa ordered in an irritated tone. She and the boy had a staredown before she sighed and shook her head, "You aren't worth my time."

"Bye, faggies." The other chuckled, turning away to go to his own studies. Everything he did was so vile and hateful, none of it made sense. Unfortunately, more kids at Grayson's school were like this than not. He had grown used to the weird glances and snickers.

Vanessa started dragging her friend off to class, down the hallway that seemed like a deep dark cave in a horror movie to Grayson. He wouldn't show her that he felt that way though, "You shouldn't let him push you around like that, it's not right." Vanessa's ginger hair bobbled up and down while she walked, no amount of hairspray could contain it. 

A/N

Thank you for reading! Please vote/comment/follow. Have an amazing day, babies!