Our Gentle Sin

"Why are you like this?! You are my goddamn son! I didn't ask for a fucking sissy!" She yelled at him while staring in the rearview mirror, making her son's eyes well up. Grayson didn't want to cry, that would only give her more satisfaction in the situation. "You aren't my son! You are a demon, you will pray to the lord that homosexuality leaves your body! When you are better you come back and apologize to me!"

"No! Fuck you! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" He covered his ears with his hands and screwed his eyes shut. He rocked back and forth repeatedly, he couldn't hate her. She was his mother.

This was the first time Grayson had ever dared to raise his voice at her, he knew that she could become a loose cannon. She was still screaming until they pulled into the driveway, but he had managed to block it out to some degree.

The house was similar to what he imagined. Well, it was actually more like a mansion. The grass was a vibrant green that reminded him of Dax's eyes. In the middle sat a fountain with a donut-shaped hedge cut around it. Beautiful flowers were in vivid bloom, every color could be seen. Marron bricks made up the build of the house and complimented the pristine cemented driveway. There was a huge white arch with vines and ivy overgrown on it. The exterior was simply breathtaking.

For just a minute Grayson was taken away from his problems and forgot about the Earth's rotation. Of course, it came back to him when he saw two elderly people standing in the driveway. Suddenly he felt underdressed in his shirt and what looked like a pair of pajama pants.

The woman, who would be known as his grandmother, was dressed in a plaid skirt that cut off just above her ankles. For her top she wore a shirt tucked tightly in, and cherry red lipstick in a thick coat. She even wore a tambourine hat even though it was barely hot outside.

As for the man, known as Grayson's grandfather, was in a full suit. It was gray and had a handkerchief in the pocket. His black pants and dress shoes only made Grayson feel more uncomfortable in his sneakers. He hopped out of the car and grabbed his luggage quite possessively, he didn't want them to find out about the pictures of Dax.

He waved rigidly and cringed when shaking their hands. He could feel their disliking towards him already.

"It's nice to see you again, lovely." Grayson immediately bit down on his cheek. That name made him think of his father, that was his name for Grayson. Lovely. It didn't sound anything like he remembered his father's voice though. His grandmother's voice was ragged and felt like being poked by needles.

His mother didn't bother to get out of the car and make small talk. She simply left Grayson standing in the driveway with all of his baggage. Emotional and physical. That's when everything sank in and he felt as if he had just come to terms with what the Hell was happening to him.