He Talks Funny

Grayson made subtle eye contact with Dax, swallowing thickly as he thought desperately for something to say. His mind was going a million miles a minute, the phrase 'boyfriend' dominated his thoughts. Grayson toiled with his shirt and finally spoke, "How did you know? Have you ever...kissed?" The term kissed was the hardest part to say.

Grayson furrowed his eyebrows together once Dax laughed at him, "Kissed? Well, I ain't ever kissed a boy in my life!" Dax smirked and the tension that Grayson felt towards him became reciprocal.

A soft giggle escaped his glistening lips, "It's I haven't, not ain't." Grayson correctly, slipping up slightly to the point where is more feminine voice rang pleasantly. Grayson also suppressed his more feminine side, but he felt comfortable enough to let Dax in on it.

"Sure thing, Princess Grayson." Dax teased, causing a firefly flame to ignite Grayson's cheeks. "You look like a ripe strawberry on a summer's day." Dax leaned in and light-heartedly pinched Grayson's red cheek. Dax knew the boy fancied him and there was no secret about it, as did Dax. "What? You was so loud a minute ago! Now you ain't talkin', huh?" Dax badgered, earning a gentle shove in the gut from Grayson.

"I'll speak when you learn English!" Grayson laughed, and suddenly squeaked as he felt and hand tickle his neck. "Don't you dare.." He snapped in a hurry, still beaming wide though. "I'll kick you if you do that again!" Grayson croaked as he squirmed away from the tickles on his waist now.

"Oh, please! You're all hat and no cattle!" Dax snorted but kept his hands to himself to be courteous. Grayson pouted softly once he stopped receiving attention from Dax. "Oh! So you do like it!" Dax started to tickle the poor boy to death, causing him to squeal and squirm in his hold.

Suddenly the door creaked open and Dax stopped, leaving Grayson gasping for hair. "Hey, Sis." Dax waved and chuckled at his sister's confused expression.

"What in the Lord's name are y'all doin' in here?" Sis laughed and waved at Grayson before continuing, "Ma wanted to know if he's spending the night, she said he looked all sorts of beat up when he walked in." Sis talked as if Grayson wasn't listening.

Dax looked at Grayson for a response, "I'd love to! Tell her I said thanks!" Grayson decided it would be better to spend the night here than having to plead his Mother to let him back in.

"Mmm, we're having some good eats tonight too! I'll leave y'all alone now." Sis' accent was just as heavy as her brother's, which made Grayson feel out of place. He soon forgot about it though when he felt Dax's hand ruffle his hair.

Dax sat on his bed and sighed, "I been running all over hell's half acre." He spoke to Grayson who looked confused, not understanding his silly acronyms. "It means I been busy with you." He laughed and blushed once the small boy sat next to him on the bed awkwardly. His mind wandered to what they would get up to tonight.