Stand Up

(This picture is a gay couple from the '50s sharing an 'illegal' date at a photo booth 😭😭💕💕💞💞)

Dax had woken in the early hours of the morning but didn't dare to move because he would have woken up Grayson, who had grounded himself on top of the country boy. He felt a small shift to the right on his chest and incoherent mumbling. Finally, the sleeping boy sat up slowly and reached out his arms, yawning and rubbing his eyes. Grayson's hair was all stuck up and matted.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Dax grinned and poked the other's thigh, a bashful smile appearing on the modest boy. "You blush so easily." Dax pointed out as he gently removed Grayson from off of his lap and placed him on the other side of the bed. "Go get in the shower, we're gonna go eat out a breakfast joint," Dax ordered and started playfully pushing him out of the bed.

"Okay, okay!" Grayson giggled and hurried out, opening the bedroom door to the hallway. He walked down and found the bathroom, making sure to lock the door upon his entrance. He fiddled with the handle, watching as the water warmed up slowly but surely. He dropped his clothes and stepped in the shower, the water felt so refreshing.

Suddenly Grayson started thinking about what was really happening though, and he longed to be in his Mother's embrace. He always had a special connection with her and even though she had been so evil to him, she was still Grayson's mom. He couldn't tell apart his tears from the water, but that was okay.

---

Dax wanted to hold that boy's hand so bad, but they were in public right now. They walked into the breakfast place and sat across from one another at a booth, Grayson continually playing footsies under the table with Dax.

"Oh!" the footsie game suddenly stopped as Grayson got excited, "Look, they have my favorite, hashbrowns and eggs!" Grayson beamed attractively and Dax watched him as if he was the only person in the room. Suddenly the smile disappeared as Grayson felt his stomach flip at the thought of ordering for himself. "Dax? Can you order for me?" He inquired shyly, worried he would be made fun of for such a silly request.

Dax could only smirk at how cute his boyfriend was. He was just adorable, Dax knew he was falling in love with him every second. "Of course I can" Dax gently rubbed Grayson's hand in a calming manner since nobody was really watching them. They exchanged loving glances until Grayson jumped out of his skin when he heard somebody talking to their waitress.

"I don't want to sit next to those two fags." The comment was loud and now it felt like everybody was staring at them. That word triggered Grayson and his chest became heavy and he knew tears would start any minute. Dax noticed this and slid out of his booth to avoid confrontation, motioning for Grayson to follow. The two boys looked at each other when outside, "What if we started a movement? Surely we aren't the only ones." Grayson was ready to stand up for his rights.