Mission 20(Rewrite)

Author note: I will make a book 2 on Devil May Cry 1 after this chapter.

(Y/n)'s POV

Dante was holding me tight onto him because we don't know if we were going to fall down something hard, so I had my arms wrapped around Dante's neck and my legs wrapped around Dante's waist. I was still wearing Dante's amulet around my neck. Dante moved me around, so Dante could carry me in bridal style. Vergil was down first by the water. Dante was able to get us down on the ground, he puts me down before he starts running towards the sword, but Vergil beat Dante to the sword.

Dante backs away from Vergil, I grabbed Dante's hand, but I forgot to hide Dante's amulet, while I was wearing it because Vergil looks at me before he sticks out his hands towards me, "Give that to me." Vergil said to me. Dante steps closer to me before he hides me to be behind him before he tells Vergil, "No way, you got your own." Dante said to Vergil. Vergil moved the sword towards me before he told Dante, "Well I want yours too." Vergil said to Dante. Dante just looks at Vergil before he tells him, "What are you gonna do with all that power, huh? No matter how hard you try, you're never gonna be like father." Dante said to Vergil.

Vergil did not like this answer before he started to yell at Dante, "You're wasting time!" Vergil yells out to Dante. Vergil started running towards me with the sword that looked like it belonged to Sparda. Dante looks at Vergil before Vergil could lay a hit on me. Dante blocked his attack by using his sword to block Vergil from hitting me. I looked at Dante with a worried look on my face, "(Y/n). Find somewhere to hide." Dante said to me. I looked at Dante before I started to back away from the brothers before I looked at Dante before telling him, "Please be safe." I said to Dante with a worried tone in my voice.

Dante looks at me before he tells me, "As long as you are safe, then I will be safe as well." Dante said to me. I just smiled at him before Dante looks back at Vergil before telling him, "We are the sons of Sparda! Within each of us flows his blood, but more importantly, his soul!" Dante yells out to Vergil. Dante pushes Vergil back in the water before I see them spraying blood from getting cuts from the swords. Dante looks at Vergil before he yells out to him, "And now my soul is saying it wants to stop you!" Dante yells out to Vergil. Vergil was laughing at what Dante just said to him, "Unfortunately, our souls are at odds brother. I need more power!" Vergil says to Dante.

I looked at Vergil before I started to get in this conversation, "And I thought you two are supposed to be twins." I said to Vergil. Vergil looks at me before he gives me a glared before he tells me, "Twins... right." Vergil said to me. Vergil looks at me before he starts running towards me, but I did a backflip away from Vergil before I pulled my dagger out and aimed it at Vergil's wrist before I was able to get a clean slashed at his wrist. Vergil just grabs his wrist before he looks back at me with an angry look on his face. Vergil was going to attack me again, but Dante blocked Vergil from attacking me, "Don't even think about touching her." Dante says to Vergil in a serious tone in his voice. Vergil looks at me and Dante before he aims the sword towards me again, but Dante used his sword to blocked him from attacking me.

I started to hide behind the pillars before I saw Dante pull his sword out and start attacking his brother. Dante and Vergil kept fighting a bunch of times before they went to their demon forms. I was still hiding because I didn't want to be part of their fight because they mostly know each other a lot, then me. Vergil used his katana to block Dante's bullets before the two of them were fighting again. Dante and Vergil were getting closer to my spot before I moved away from their fight, but as soon as I took 5 steps away from their fight. I felt someone grab my neck real tight. I was making choking noises before I looked at the person that grabbed my neck and it was Vergil.

Dante stops moving because he sees me being in danger, "One step brother and she dies." Vergil says to Dante in a cold serious tone in his voice. Dante looks at me with a worried look on his face, "Let her go. Don't put her into our business." Dante said to Vergil. Vergil looks at me before he squeezes my neck tighter. Dante looks at Vergil with an angry look on his face, "Why? Should I?" Vergil asks Dante. Vergil looks at Dante before he tells him, "Foolish, Dante. Foolish." Vergil said to Dante. Vergil keeps squeezing my neck, "You falling in love with a human? It makes you weak for falling in love with a human." Vergil says to Dante. Dante just looks at Vergil before he could do anything to him.