New POV (12)

AN: Reminder to please vote 

XXXXXX

Becky (Rebecca)

I knew that this guy was hiding something, but I just couldn't pin point what it was exactly. Since I am being honest, I think that secret is what drew me to him. Sure he was good looking, but I have seen much better. Besides, I preferred my men a whole lot darker and definitely with a beard. There is something about a beard on a man that just calls to my inner goddess.

Anyways, I had secrets of my own so, maybe that is why I could relate to him. I guess I was drawn to him because he was just like me- hiding. What he was hiding I could not tell. But I could tell that whatever it was, it was heavy.

He kept looking at my hair so, I decided to let him touch it. "Do you want to touch my hair? You can't seem to stop glancing at it," I said. For some odd reason I felt like I could trust this random stranger. I mean, I do not go around asking people to touch my hair. Heck, I usually hate it when people try and touch my hair. But he was different. I do not know why yet, but I intend to find out soon.

Furthermore, this was amazing because I do not normally connect with people. Unless they drunk that is. It is why I love working at the bar. Regular people were just too mundane for my liking. But this guy's aura matched mine. He was rather surprised that I had given him permission. And I must admit that he looked rather cute when he was surprised. "Are you some sort of witch?" he asked jokingly. Woah, did he just suggest that I was a witch?

I did not have time to ponder that thought as he then slowly stretched his right hand out as if to allow me a moment to reconsider my offer. I then leaned forward so that he could reach my hair from across the table. It really is annoying how many people I meet on a daily basis who touch my hair without permission to "see if it's real". Cue the eye roll. Like first of all it's my hair, whether it's real or fake. The hair still belongs to me. So ask me before touching it.

"Beck...right?" he asked after he sat down again. I nodded despite my nickname being Becky because I was surprised that he even remembered it in the first place. So, he continued with a smile, "How do you get your hair like that. It's really fascinating and beautiful."

Thank goodness for the fact that I had dark skin to mask my flush. This man's voice is something else. I am pretty certain that I have a tiny crush on his voice- only his voice. I mean he wasn't bad looking. He had black eyes which are pretty rare. Normally people had dark brown eyes that looked like black. But sitting in the sun, outside this coffee shop right now, I could see that his eyes were fully black. He had dirty blonde hair, which I personally am not a fan of. He was not that hectically build which is great because too much muscle was such a turn off for me. I know I am an odd woman, get over it. Overall though, he gave off this mystery guy vibe that made him seem dangerous. And what girl did not like a little danger? Woah, Rebecca what are you getting at. You do not like this guy, I mentally scolded myself.

"Well, to be honest this is my natural hair. I was tired of trying to be someone I'm not. This world is designed to literally bring black people down. My hair is said to be unkempt if I wear it like it is now, how God had made it to be. So, most black people tend to use chemicals and such to straighten their hair, in attempts to fit in. I just wasn't one for fitting in you know," I finished off. I looked up at James and saw him smiling at me like he was impressed with what I had just said. He had one hella of a smile. I guess now looking at him smiling, I could definitely say that he was rather handsome. No, not like the type that has everyone in the room staring when he walked in. No, he was the subtle kind of gorgeous. The one you would walk past then later on bump into and have to do a double take trying to figure out why you missed him the first time around. But I wasn't one to date white guys, so still a no from me.

I am extremely tired right now which made sense because I needed to go sleep. I had a late shift last night at the bar again. But here I was in the company of a man who was not drunk. Who was I becoming? But then again, something pulled me to this man. Now, I am no believer in fate, but I also really needed a friend. Life does get pretty boring doing it all on my own. I guess a part of me envied humans. They had it very easy after all. If only my father was still alive.

AN

QOC: Did you like the change in POV? 

I decided that we had been hearing too much from Dimitri's POV so I decided to switch it up a bit. 

Yeah, This is the part I remind you to please vote for this chapter if you haven't already