Back again(34)

AN: Please vote for this chapter

Dimitri

Damien and I had told my mother and Ellie that we were tracking a lead for a witch. Which wasn't exactly a lie. We just refrained from telling them the whole truth for their own benefit of course. Ellie would demand to be taken with us if she knew and not that women are weak or anything, but my heart could not handle losing her twice. So, to avoid that argument we chose to rather not disclose the whole truth.

We left the pack grounds the very next morning which was exactly three hours after we had arrived back home from the cemetery. Damien and I were vampires, so we only needed an hour of sleep really. Besides, I was looking forward to having a good human meal. We decided to use a vehicle since we were going to the human town. I also was tired from the trip to the cemetery anyways. Damien and I took turns driving the car since we did not want to make any stops along the way. We were in a hurry after all.

I took on driving in the night while Damien drove in the daytime. He had a strict sleeping regime that he kept most days unless he needed to feed. I think it was his way of remembering his humanity. I on the other hand loved the freedom that came with the night. Besides, I had been trying to recall all my interactions with Rebecca to see where I had missed the signs. I must admit that she did do a great job at hiding though. Fooling a vampire is not an easy thing after all.

We had reached Kena after two full days of driving. I was extremely tired, but it wasn't from the long distance ride. The ride was overall smooth and uneventful as always. Despite sleeping enough, I was very tired still. I think it had to do with the fact that my mind kept playing different scenarios of how meeting Rebecca would play out. I would always start off with the worst case scenario and then slowly but surely move to the better outcomes. I am a firm believer in preparing for the worst. That way you would never get disappointed in life.

The first thing I thought of as we landed in Kena was that I needed to feed, and I needed to feed fast. Since I was in a town full of humans, I decided to treat myself to a homo sapien. It was not yet dark when we arrived, so I knew that I had to find a different way to feed. There were hardly any people drunk enough to forget being sucked at this time of day. And I did not have the patience to wait for them to get drunk. Besides blood tasted much better without the alcohol in it. So, Damien and I went and logged into our hotel through our compulsion. I did not even waste time in unpacking my bag when I got into my room. Instead, I dropped my bag to the ground and headed right out.

After strolling on some rooftops, I eventually went down a street called Muerte Road. Which meant death road. Only to realise that my prey was taking it is time walking to where I needed it to be. So, I went back up on the rooftop and watched it walk. I felt much like an eagle in this moment as my eyes stalked its prey. After a few minutes of gazing the grounds, I saw the figure move down into Muerte Road still on the phone talking animatedly. I then jumped down and sped up to meet my first victim upfront. To my disappointment it was a guy, and he was not even an O-blood type but a standard AB positive. I then proceeded to step right in front of his path blocking him from walking onwards. I gently placed my hand behind his neck and looked him directly in the eyes and said, "Sleep." Immediately, I felt his body soften in my hands.

I then carried the guy easily away from preying eyes until we got behind some dustbins. I didn't have the night to my advantage so I couldn't hide in plain sight.

I then proceeded to remove the guy's hood so that I could access his neck. I always preferred going for the carotid. See the brain always got the most oxygenated blood of all the organs in the body. Well, technically speaking the heart did but I couldn't access the coronary vessels without killing my prey. So, I settled for second best- the carotid artery. I didn't waste time in ravaging the body before me. I was after all quite hungry.

The good thing about feeding on males was that they had more blood in their bodies than females so, I needed less bodies to have my fill.

After, I sucked as much blood as I could out of the guy but leaving him with enough to recover, I placed his hood back on and took him back to where I had initially found him. I stood him up and then I then knocked his head lightly to wake him up. I then looked him directly in the eyes again and said, "Watch where you going man." I gently moved out of his path and walked past him like nothing happened. After finding an O-blood male later and getting my fill from him, I was finally sated. Thus I decided to roam the streets of Kena to pass time.

I arrived at the motel some time passed midnight. I felt much better due to my recent feed. I also was happy because I also decided to indulge myself in some human food. Now that I had entered the hotel building, the thoughts about Rebecca came flooding back in waves. It was going to take some time before I got used to calling Rebecca, Zhurhuri.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day for me. I just hoped that whichever way it went, it somehow ended up with her agreeing to help us.

XXXX

AN

QOC: what is your favorite vampire movie? I haven't seen anything cool so far

This was just a filler chapter. But the next chapter will be interesting. Anyways if you have any ideas on how you think the confrontation will go do share your theories with me in the comments

Don't forget to vote