Zhuhuri (32)

AN: Please vote for the chapter 

Dimitri

The door creaked behind us as it slowly closed. Then like all the doors in this it too disappeared and was replaced by a brick wall. I took a quick peak and Damien and noticed that he was still a brick wall of emotions. I really couldn't tell how he was handling all of this.

I then turned back to face the old woman. She was now sitting up on her bed. She also had a candle in her hand. Then she whispered some words in a language I had not heard before and the candle was lit. The old lady held the candle with both hands. She then stretched out both hands slowly. Once both her hands were fully stretched she let go of the candle and to my surprise the candle continued to move in the air until it reached the center of the room. Then the candle stopped. The whole room was now brightly light by the candle that was hanging in the air. How normal.

I was still grasping what the woman just did that I didn't notice the woman patting the place next to her on the bed. She finally called out my name asking me to come sit next to her which pulled me back into reality. Honestly speaking, I was too skeptical from all that just happened. So, naturally I did not move any closer to where she was.

"I don't bite," she said with a faint smile as she looked right ahead of her. It was then that I realised that this woman could not see. She was blind. I then took a nice look at her since I knew she couldn't see me. The woman looked no older than 60 years. But then again witches also aged much slower than normal humans so for all I knew she could have been over a hundred years old. I also had to admit that this woman was somewhat elegant for her age. It was no question that back in her day, she was a stunner. Unlike humans whose skin sags up when they age, this lady still had smooth firm skin. If it wasn't for her grey hair, one would never know that she was even over 40.

After I finished observing her, I then hesitantly walked to her bed and sat as far away from her as possible. I knew enough about old witches to not trust them. Besides, based on all I saw since I entered this cemetery I knew that this was dangerous grounds. This coven didn't consist of normal witches. But then again, I need a powerful witch.

"I hope Yanniah did not annoy you as you arrived. I can see that you are very tense," the old lady said. When enither Damien or I responded to her she went on, "Of course, she made you walk in the corridor of Hades... I can see it in your eyes," she said and slowly turned to face me. I swear when her eyes landed on me it felt as though she was looking right through me.

"Come closer Dimitri, I won't hurt you. And Damien will you sit as well. Tell your brother-in-law to sit," she said las she turned her gaze back and looked ahead of her. I was always weary of witches. After all they played with one's mind. But, this woman was way creepier. Also she blind or not?

After I moved and sat a bit closer to her, she took my hand in hers soft frail one and began speaking while still looking ahead, "You need my other granddaughter Zhurhri. But her whereabouts, I do not know. She is a powerful witch. Powerful enough to help you win. Powerful enough to also hide her whereabouts even from old me."

The old lady stopped and started laughing. I wasn't certain whether to laugh with her or not so I just kept quiet. After she calmed down, the old lady went on, "Your mother said that the mixed breeds are unstable but that is not true. Even after losing both her parents during the vampire war, Zhurhri did not become unstable. She is normal, just like the rest of us. Even if she doesn't believe it. She left because she didn't want to place us in danger. But let me tell you, that girl couldn't even hurt a fly if it was innocent. She is too good for this world."

The old lady stopped and stared at both Damien and I to ensure we were still following her. Then she turned back ahead and went on talking, "The council hates not being in control...Mix breeds are powerful beings. That is why the council fears them. You lost your mother Selene in the war. Your mother was a lovely lady. She had a tough life but still saw the beauty of it all... But Queen Katrina, your current mother doesn't know the whole truth. You see at the time of the war Selene was conflicted. She loved your father, but she also loved Edward...So instead of choosing one of the two men she killed herself instead. When your father found out he thought Edward killed her for staying with him and Edward thought the same about you father. That is how the war had began. The reason I am telling you this is because you have to end this war properly this time around. Don't do what your father did."

At the mention of my father, I gripped the old lady's hand much tigher and only realized it when she stopped speaking. So, I let go of woman's hand and apologized. "It's alight my child. I know you miss your father dearly. And maybe you might get to see him still... Zhurhri lost her family in the war too. So, I think she would be keen to help you."

The old woman then let go of my hand. She stood up and started saying some chant in a foreign language again. At this Damien and I both backed away from the lady to give her space to do whatever she was doing. I needed to find Zhurhuri. There was finally hope of getting allies. I just needed this woman to finish her chant so I could ask for a lead on where to start looking for this witch.

Shortly after her chant the old woman stopped. She then raised both her hands up to her mouth with her palms facing forward. She then blew air over her hands and suddenly in front of us appeared an image.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. My jaw was wide open as I took in this new information. Why did life have to keep getting weird?

"I believe that you have met her before," the old lady said now looking directly at me again.

XXXX

AN

QOC: Who do you think is Zhurhuri?

Any thoughts on the chapter so far? Who do you think is this person? Do share in the comment section. Also don't forget to vote