Ellie (29)

AN: Please vote for this chapter

Ellie

After mom's truth spilling, we all went our separate ways. Dimitri was the first to vanish. It was like he couldn't stand to be here for another second. I am very worried about him. Lately, he has always been buried in his thoughts. He hardly ever spend time with any of us. I knew he was mad at Damien and I, but he could spend time with mum at least.

Damien on the other hand was avoiding me like the plague. As soon as Dimitri left, he too vanished to lord knows where. So, I was stuck with myself. And I hated being by myself. I needed to speak my thoughts out loud. That was how I processed. Thus, I needed one of them so badly right now and they both just left me alone which hurt a lot. This is why I needed a sister.

I had always wanted an older sister when I was growing up. Someone to play dress up with. Someone who would help me get my hair done. Someone to compliment me on my outfits when I put effort in them. The men never did, and mother complemented everything. I swear I could be wearing a maid's uniform and she would say I looked beautiful. Someone to help me when Damien and Dimitri teamed up against me. The testosterone was too much for little me. I used to cry because Dimitri never agreed to play tea with me, and I did not want to play with the maids because they were too old. And if we being honest, Dimitri and I have very little in common. I couldn't draw to save my life while it came naturally to him. I loved talking and going out on adventures where he preferred being in one place. I always wanted to become queen while he never took much interest in ruling. But he did try and all in all he is a good brother. We were all good.

Now that I knew I had a sister though, I no longer wanted one. She came too late. I am all grown up anyways. Also, I liked being the only girl. I did not want the competition. She already is stronger than I am. Probably smarter too with how she pulled that coup. And what if she and Dimitri had things in common. But as much as I wanted to hate her, but I could not do that. She was still my sister. We probably have the same hair or eyes. Besides she definitely had a terrible upbringing. She lost both her parents in the war. I couldn't even begin to guess how her childhood went. Not to mention that, she had not killed dad yet. So, there was hope still. Maybe she wasn't all that bad.

XXXXXXXX

I eventually ended up at the lake and it was no surprise that Dimitri was there too. I guess Damien and I were the same. Dimitri would always be our first priority. I know it sounds weird but I didn't blame Damien for avoiding me. He was after all my brother's best friend first. I know that he would let me go if Dimitri asked it. I mean, he denied having feelings for me for the greatest of time just because he didn't want to hurt Dimitri. Which is why I was so surprised when he kissed me in front of Dimitri the other day. But at the same time I was really glad he did. After I had told him I loved him and he said nothing, things had become awkward between us. It hurt me that he said nothing, but I was glad I said it still. It was better that bottling everything in.

Dimitri's hair was slowly returning to its natural dark-brown colour. And I must admit that I was going to miss blonde-Dimitri. It is such a shame that I never got to actually spend time with him as a blonde. After all I had layers upon layers of trivial jokes about blondes that I wanted to use on him. As a sister I felt it was my duty to get revenge for all the times he made fun of my blonde hair. His hair was also now long enough to cover his eyes like he always wore it. He was starting to look like himself again-mysterious. I then took a moment while staring at him to thank God that he was alive. I was honestly afraid that he was going to get caught by Seneca. Especially when we got here, and he was nowhere to be found.

As quietly as I could, I strode towards my brother. I knew that this is pointless since he should be able to hear me already. Yet he seemed to still be lost in his own thoughts. So, I continued forward hoping that he would actually open up to me. I needed my brother right now. Besides, it has been over two months, so this was long overdue if you ask me.

"So, we have a sister," I said quietly once I stood next to him. I could tell he wasn't aware of my intrusion from the way he reacted to hearing my voice. Which could only mean that Dimitri was deep in thought. I just hoped that those thoughts were not about Damien and I, but rather our sister and mom's confession. I was after all in no mood to argue or fight right now.

Dimitri looked tired. He had bags under his eyes that made him look like he was sick. I knew he was overthinking again. I also knew that there was no way to stop him from doing so. Thus, I planned on doing the next best thing, which was what we always did back at the palace. I could only hope that he would actually agree with this idea of mine.

When he did not make a move to run from my presence or get angry for my intrusion, I then sat down right next to him. He then looked away from me and took a deep breathe in and answered, "Yes, I guess we do."  

XXXXXX

AN

QOC: how would you react to getting told that you have a new sister?

A new point of view. How did you feel about that? Do let me know in the comments section.

Yes don't forget to vote