2

My name's echoing in the whole stadium as I was about to strike the final ball of the Cricket tournament. I was the captain of the college cricket team and we were playing the match against the rival team. We have to win the match in order to reach the finals. I closed my eyes for a minute and took a deep breathe as I concentrated on the white ball that's flying in my direction. I swinged the bat with much force hitting the ball with all my might, the wood of the bat hitting the ball making a crackling sound was the only noise heard in the stadium as everyone's eyes were fixed on the ball watching it in silence. The next minute cheers erupted in the whole stadium as my team mates rushed towards me lifting me in the air giving me bumps.

"We made it!! " Ron shouted in the top of his voice.

"Woohoo... We reached the finals." Adrian danced in happiness.

"Congratulations boys, We made it. " Our coach Mr. Stephen congratulated us.

"Let's go and celebrate our victory." Jason announced.

"Okay guys, let's fresh up and get out of here." I said as I made my way towards the bathrooms to have a shower.

Ron, Jason and Adrian were my Friends and we play for college cricket team, together we used to practice cricket matches and participate in cricket tournaments. We four were a gang and were studying business in one of the prestigious colleges of England. We were college bad boys and used to enjoy life partying, we seldom attended our classes.  Thank god my parents are cool about these stuff. They always thought we should enjoy our lives while we are still young.

I met my friends and teammates in the corridor and we were about to make our way to the college parking lot, when I heard a sharp voice piercing our ears.

"Evy baby... " Jessica shouted in her over enthusiastic voice as she came running in my direction, enveloping me in a hug.

"Congratulations, Evy baby. That was a wonderful sixer from you at the end to win the match. OMG, you looked so hot in that white cricket jersey of yours." Jessica continued her babble as she suffocated me with her hug.

"Thank You, Jes." I said smiling politely, as I wriggled out of her arms.

Jessica is my father's business partner and close knit Mr. James Serpens daughter. The Serpens' were our business partners, ever since our grandfather's started trading.

"Evan Baby, how about you and I hang out tonight." Jessica asked running her long fingers on my cheeks, twirling her golden blonde hair with her other hand.

"Sorry Jessica, got some plans tonight. We can go out some other time. Gotta go." I excused and walked away with my friends.

"Wow, man. You rejected to go out with college's queen bee! " Mason, our new teammate exclaimed.

"Man, girls are crazy about him." Jason replied smugly.

"He is rich and handsome, famous in the college, every girl dreams to date such a hot guy of the college." Adrian teased.

"Oh, shut up man. Not everyone is crazy about him. You guys must be blind. Do you think if you have money and fame, you can do anything." Lucas said, Lucas had been trying to become the Captain of the team but most of the members of our team were in my favour which made him build a grudge against me and which makes him grab every chance to insult.