25

Violet~

I was laying in my bed thinking about the events that took place in past few hours. Evander and Archie got along with each other like they had known each other from days and I can already say that Evan is a good father.  Evan's parents are cool and loving just like my parents. As soon as they found out that Archie's their Grandson, their happiness has no bounds. To my surprise Evan's parents and my parents got along with each other just like some long lost friends and my parents even invited the senior Arlette's to join them in their world tour, —that my parents had taken a break from, to attend Archie's birthday celebrations— to which the Arlette's gladly agreed.

On the other hand I spoke with Sam and made him understand about the misunderstandings that occured between Evan and me and assured him everything's right now, even though he seemed to be convinced, he took Evander aside to speak with him privately which he called as Man to Man talk. Right now everything seems to be falling in right place and I didn't think anything about Evander's and mine relationship, even though I love him, I have my own set of insecurities but right now I just wanna go with the flow and give us a chance.

I was too tired mentally and physically with all the happenings and I just want to sleep. My eyelids felt heavy and I closed my eyes welcoming the sleep, I was falling into deep slumber when a pair of hands began to pat on my cheeks.

"Ma.. Ma... " My baby babbled patting my cheeks and pulling my hair.

"Archie, Baby, momma is too tired, please let me sleep." I requested without opening my eyes but my baby was adamant. He kept on pulling my hair, I gave up. I glanced towards the clock night stand and it showed 1 am. My baby has this weird habit to wake up in the middle of the nights fully energetic in a mood to play.

I woke up and dragged my feet towards the kitchen sleepily with my baby on my hip. I shook my head to get rid of the sleepiness as I warmed the milk for Archie, who was now busily playing with the spoons and plates in the kitchen. I warmed the milk in the bottle and made Archie drink. After he finished drinking, I tried to pat him to sleep which I know will never happen. I switched on the TV in my room and  Archie happily watched cartoons clapping his hands as Jerry played tricks on Tom. Later my baby slowly began to doze and I took it as a cue and put him in the bed and patted him to sleep. By the time my head hit the pillow, the clock showed 3 am and I have to wake up at 6 as I have a meeting at 8 am tomorrow.

When I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm my eyes are still drooping. I turned around to my side and saw my baby sleeping soundly. I went down to the kitchen to grab a coffee to get rid of the sleepiness and when I came back to my room to get ready for the day, my baby was already awake and sitting on the bed.

"Good Morning, my pumpkin." I said lifting Archie in my arms and kissing his tummy making him giggle.

"Come on, let's get us ready." I said and carried Archie towards the bathroom.

I reached my office along with Archie, since my parents and Evan's parents went on vacation and Sam along with Aurora went to some business meeting in Canada for a week. Since Evan knows about the existence of Archie, I thought I could take him to work with me.

I placed Archie on his baby carpet, where he got busy playing with his toys and I began to work on the presentation keeping an eye on him.

I have a meeting in half an hour and I asked my assistant Lisa to take care of my son in my absence. My eyes are droopy since I barely slept yesterday night and has visible dark circles which I managed to cover with makeup. But again that was something I got habituated to in these 2 years.

I finished my meeting and closed the deal successfully. I sent off the clients and returned to my office.

"I hope, he didn't bother you." I said as I entered my cabin.

"No Ma'am, he didn't." Lisa smiled politely.

"Thank you for watching him, Lisa." I said lifting my baby in my arms.

"Is there anything you want Ma'am? " Lisa asked.

"Nothing as for now. Thank you." I said and Lisa left closing the door behind.

"Did my little munchkin enjoy playing with his trucks? " I cooed giving raspberries on my baby's tummy.

I was playing with my baby in my office when my office door opened revealing Evander, looking as handsome as ever dressed in his black suit smiling widely looking at both of us.

"Hey guys." He greeted walking inside of my cabin.

"Hi Evan." I said rocking Archie in my arms.

"How's my baby today?" Evander asked walking towards us after placing his coat on the chair.

"He's good." I answered for Archie, smiling trying not to drool over his taut chest that was visible as he unbuttoned the upper 3 buttons of his crisp white shirt.

"I asked about my baby." Evan said kissing my temple as he hugged me from behind wrapping his arms around my waist resting his chin on my shoulder, looking at our son in my arms.

I blushed hard.

"Hey buddy, How are you? " He further greeted Archie.

Archie wiggled in my arms to reach Evan as soon as he saw his father, and he gladly welcomed him in to his arms.

"He loves you already." I said smiling at Father-Son duo.

"That he does." Evan said proudly, throwing and catching Archie in air making him giggle.

"Don't you have any meetings today? " I asked plopping on the sofa.

"Nope," Evan answered popping the P. "I cancelled my meetings for the day, as I thought of spending time with My son and My Love." He said winking at me, making my heart flutter in happiness.

I hmmed feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"You look tired, any problem?" Evander stated sitting beside me on Sofa with Archie in his lap.

"It's nothing, Archie didn't let me sleep yesterday and since my parents and Sam are not home, I had to take care of this little monster alone, I am a bit sleep deprived nothing to worry about, I got used to it. " I said smiling assuringly.

"I am sorry." Evan said sadly.

"Why are you being sorry, Evan? "

"For letting you go through all these things alone, for not being there by your side when you need me." He said holding my hand in his. "But I promise you Violet, I will be there for you both till my last breathe and will never letting you fail." He promised.

"Hey," I said placing my hand on Evan's cheek, "it's okay I managed and my mom and dad had my back not to forget Sam." I said smiling trying to ease the situation.

"Yeah and I am grateful for them." He said, "Why don't you take an off today, Vi. We can have lunch together and visit my new penthouse, I brought last week." He suggested.

"I don't know whether I can take an off, Evan. I have works to do."

"Please baby, look at yourself, you need to rest, you are looking like you gonna faint. Come with me to my penthouse and let me take care and spend time with you both." Evander requested.

"Okay, Fine." I said making Evander grin.

"Thank you. " He said pecking on my lips. "Let's go. " He grabbed my hand with his right hand while carrying Archie in his left arm.