19

Evander~

After clearing the misunderstandings with Violet, I felt free, like a ton of weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt happy and sad at same time, sad as Violet was not ready to reciprocate the feelings. Happy at least she didn't turn me down. I will try and make her mine. I have a strong hope that one day we are going to be together. I was happy and smiling like an idiot thinking about how good the start of my day was, when Mr.Roberts called me.

"What's it Roberts? " I asked.

"Sir, Mrs. Arlette called me yesterday asking for you. She was angry that you were not attending her calls and didn't visit them."

I rubbed my hands on my face. Angry Mom is dangerous.

"Let's go pay a visit to my Mom." I said and he nodded.

As soon as I entered the suite my mom and dad were staying in, I was welcomed with giggles and laughter coming. As I moved further inside the room. I found my mom sitting on the bed playing with little Archie, who was laughing and playing with toys scattered around him. This guy always reminds me of Violet with his chubby cheeks and button nose. I always feel a sort of connection whenever I am near him. I watched my mom feed him his baby food and it was an adorable sight.

"Evan." My mom said when she finally noticed me.

"Mom." I said moving towards her.

"Finally, you remembered you have a mom." She said, "Why am I even worrying, Where does the kids of this generation find time to think about the old and boring parents." She cried making me roll my eyes. believe me, my mom is a biggest drama queen, who knows how to make me feel guilty with her emotional blackmail.

"Mom, it's not like what you think." I said giving her a side hug.

"I know, you were running away from us because we will always irritate you to get married."

"Mom__ "

"I know what you will say. Mom I don't want to get married." She said, "Is it my fault Evan, to have a wish to see my son happily married with kids before I die. " She cried.

"Mom__ " I called Sternly.

"Don't use that voice on me, Evan. Don't forget I am your mom, I will not think a second before kicking your rear." She threatened.

Wow! Great from emotional mode to angry mode in a matter of seconds.

"Mom, I found Violet." I said and she looked at me shocked.

"Violet! As in the girl you love? " She asked processing the thing and I nodded smiling bright.

"Wow! It's indeed a great news. OMG. OMG... I am so happy for you, Evan. My son's getting married finally! " She said hugging me squealing like a kid, who got a big chocolate.

"Mom, I just found her. I still didn't ask her to marry me."

"It will happen soon. I have belief on my son's love." She said pulling my cheeks. "It's such a good news, I want to share it with your father." She said happily.

"Where is he? " I asked looking around.

"He went towards the pool area." She said. "Evan, I will go and tell your dad about this, till then entertain this cutie pie." My mom said patting Archie's cheeks and ran out to meet my father.

I shook my head looking in the direction she left. She still has that child like enthusiasm even in this age. I moved towards the bed smiling to meet my little saviour, who saved my life by helping me in stopping my wedding with Jessica.

He was playing with his teddy bear sitting on the bed.

"Hey Buddy." I said kneeling in front of him on the floor.

He looked at me and gave a bright smile making my insides warm.

"Having fun, hmm? ." I asked poking his cheeks gently with my index finger.

He giggled and clapped throwing his hands in air as if asking me to carry him.

I lifted him and threw him up in air to catch again making him laugh.
I held him in my arms and I felt contended just like I felt this morning when I had Violet in my arms.

"You are having fun with my Mama and Papa?" I smiled at him and he looked at me with his chocolate brown eyes which are similar to mine. I raised my brows asking what and then he suddenly raised his tiny hand and placed it against my cheek.

"Pa... Pa... " He called looking into my eyes and an involuntary tear drop slipped out of the corner of my eyes. I felt something stir inside me making my insides warm, listening to that endearment.

If everything that happened  two years back didn't happen, may be Violet and I would have had a cute kid like him. I hugged him closer to me feeling truly happy with that little endearment even though he called me by mistake. He snuggled closer to me hugging me by my neck and hiding his face in my crook yawning. I began to pat him to sleep leaning my cheek against his temple.

I never had any prior experience to deal with the babies, in fact Archie was the first kid I held this closer yet I felt it natural to put him to sleep just like an instinct. Soon Archie fell asleep in my arms as I was pacing in the room patting him gently as he slept keeping his head on my shoulder.

"Hi mate! " Sam greeted walking inside the room after gently knocking the door.

"Hii Buddy! " I whispered not to wake up Archie.

"O my my... This little guy slept! " Sam exclaimed.

"Yes? " I said in confusion.

"Sorry for my excitement, actually he never sleeps this early he always wants to play and crawls out of the bed whenever his mom tries to put him to sleep. This is the first time he slept without getting cranky." Sam explained.

"Poor guy must be tired." I said continuing to pat him gently.

"Tired and he? Never." Sam said settling himself on the sofa. "He is a full pack of energy and never gets tired. He always keeps his mom on her toes crawling around." Sam said laughing silently.

"You should see my sister's face when he pretends to sleep and crawls away just as she turns around to place pillows, but anyway she will patiently play with him staying awake till he sleeps and then again runs to office early in the morning." He said proudly about his sister.

"She's a great Mom." I said appreciatively.

"Yes, she is. But if I tell her that, she will show me attitude so I will keep that for myself." He said chuckling.

Typical brother and sister fights, sometimes I wish I had my own set of siblings to fight, share and care for. Siblings are blessings though I don't have one, I have decided that my kids will have a bunch of them.

"What about his dad? " I asked Sam as he didn't mention about Archie's dad.

Sam was about to say something when his phone rang and he went outside to attend the call.

"That was my sister." He said coming inside the room, "she was missing her little bundle of joy, I have to take him to his mom." He said taking Archie from me and I felt sad to leave him.

"Thank you for putting him to sleep." He thanked moving outside the room and I held the door for him.

He left with Archie in his arms, who was sleeping peacefully with a cute pout. He has that magic in him that can make everyone love him. I was looking at the direction Sam left, when my Mom and Dad came running towards me.

"Evander, is it true? " My dad asked happily. I nodded.

"You have a big story to tell us." My mom said pulling me inside the room to know all the details about how I met Violet.

I shook my head smiling as I sat to explain them everything that has happened.