27

Evander~

I pulled out the chair for Violet to sit, she looked cute in my over sized t-shirt and shorts that totally engulfed her. I served food for Vi and began to feed Archie some soft solids.

Later when we all finished eating our dinner, we decided to watch movie in my room. I played Alladin and we all settled on my bed, Violet layed beside me with Archie in my lap. It was a perfect family moment that I always dreamt about with Violet. I pulled Violet closer wrapping my hand around her waist and she rested her head on my shoulder.

Half way through the movie, I can see Vi yawning leaning her head on my shoulder, she looked tired and sleep deprived. I remembered my conversation with Sam in his resort where he told how his sister always stays awake in nights handling Archie and hardly sleeps. I feel sad for Violet for not being there for her.

I adjusted pillows for her to sleep and made her lay on the bed. She opened her eyes slightly.

"Sleep." I said and covered her with duvet. She snuggled closer to me wrapping her hands around my torso.

"Good Night, Evan." She mumbled sleepily.

"Good Night, Love." I said kissing her forehead.

Violet was sleeping soundly and Archie was watching the movie, he looked very active and no where tired. Seems like he is also a night owl like me. From my childhood, I was never a morning person. I remember the days when my mom used to try hard to make me sleep at nights but I would never sleep. Seems like my son inherited that trait from me.

Archie was bouncing on the bed watching the cartoons.

"Hey buddy, we don't want to disturb, Mom now, do we?" I asked and Archie looked at me confused.

"Wanna have some mid night snack?" I said carrying him towards the kitchen.

I took ice cream bowl and warmed milk for Archie just like Violet taught me earlier. We both moved towards the living room. I switched on the Tv and settled on a bean bag with Archie in my lap.

Violet~

I stirred in my sleep and tried to wrap my arm around my baby but I was greeted with a cold space beside me. I flutter opened my eyes and looked around only to realize that I slept in Evander's bed. I glanced towards the digital clock on the night stand which showed 1 AM. It was usually the time when Archie wakes up hungry every night and seems like my biological clocks are set alert. I looked around for the boys but didn't find them in the room.

"Where are my boys?" I thought.

I stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. It was unusual for me to sleep this long since Archie, because every time I fall into deep sleep my baby wakes up wide awake in an active playful mood. I slowly walked into the living room only to be greeted by an adorable sight of my boys.

Evander was sitting on a black bean bag with Archie in his lap and a ice cream tub was placed in Archie's lap. He was feeding Archie with one hand while he was playing some Car race Video game with another hand. Both watching the TV screen with at most concentration without blinking their eyes.

How can someone be so active and wide awake at 1 AM!

I cleared my throat to gain their attention. Alas! They didn't move an inch seems like they are in another world.

"Boys!" I called bringing them back to earth.

"Vi." Evan said pausing the game. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? Do you need anything?" Evan asked looking at me.

"No, I don't need anything." I said, "Usually Archie wakes up hungry every night at this time, so I woke up on instinct." I said muffling an yawn.

"Don't worry, Baby. I am here to look after our son. Go back to bed, you need a lot of sleep." Evan said smiling.

"What about you? Aren't you feeling sleepy? " I asked sitting beside Evan and My baby immediately jumped on to me from his father's lap.

"I am a night owl." Evan smiled, "I usually don't get sleep during nights and if I sleep then it is only in the early hours of the morning or late nights."

Now I know from whom my baby got this habit of staying awake in the nights.

"Oh." I said and began to play with Archie's little fingers.

"You go sleep, I will look after our son." Evan said and I rested my head on his shoulder, while Archie snuggled closer to me placing his head in the crook of my neck.

"Seems like the little buddy is also feeling sleepy." Evan chuckled. "Come, let me tuck you both in the bed." He said standing up and turning off the TV.

Evan tucked Archie and me in the bed. I made Archie sleep beside me as I don't want him to feel suffocated sandwiched between us. Evander layed beside me and pulled duvet over us. He wrapped his hand around both of us spooning from behind.

"Sleep." Evan said kissing my temple and I drifted back into peaceful sleep.

The warm rays of sun falling on my face made me wake up from the most comfortable and peaceful sleep, I had after a long time. I tried turn around to wake up but my moment was obstructed by some heavy weight on me, I adjusted my eyes to bright daylight and when I finally when my vision cleared, I was welcomed by the sight of two cute faces.

I turned to my right where Evan was sleeping soundly with his head rested in the crook my neck his warm breathe fanning over my chest, his hand wrapped around my waist and his leg lazily thrown across my legs trapping me. He looked cute and handsome, I placed my hand on his stubble cheeks. It's a beautiful feeling to wake up in the arms of the person you love and currently I am experiencing one.

I turned to my left where Archie is sleeping with his little arms wrapped around me unsuccessfully and half of his body was laying over mine. I smiled and placed my another hand on Archie's cheeks. My day cannot be started better than this. I tried to get up from the bed but the weight of my boys was making it difficult. I tried hard to untangle myself without waking both of them and finally got successful. I covered the duvet over Evan and Archie, who were sleeping soundly.

They looked similar when they are sleeping. I kissed both of them on their foreheads and walked out of the room.