17

Violet~

Evan and I walked into the old construction building, it was dark inside with walls covered with dust and cob webs making it look like a haunted house. Why the hell didn't anyone tell me about this? Evan was walking in front of me casually where as I was walking cautiously behind him. I am afraid of darkness and ghosts since my childhood.

"Well, looks like this place needs a lot of renovation to do." Evander said looking around the building.

"Yes, it needs to be cleaned and lights must be fixed first." I said trying to sound brave.

"Come on, let's go inside and check the rooms." Evander said walking towards the dark corridors.

"Evan, what's the need to see that? It's getting dark, we can check it out tomorrow morning."

"Violet, we have to check inside to see what all modifications does the hotel need." Evander explained as he made his way inside a room.

I followed him in to that scary looking room, it was old and dark except for the dim evening light coming from a small window.

"Evander, let's get out of here." I said standing near to him, afraid.

"Okay, come on. Let's go." Evander said making me breathe in relief.

We are about to exit the room when the rooms door closed with a thud making me jump in fear.

"The door must have closed because of the air. It's raining outside we have to hurry up." Evander said moving towards the door to open it. I followed him closely.

"Shit! " Evander muttered.

"What happened? "

"The door got jammed and it's not opening!" He said trying to open the door.

"What!! " I said as I tried to help  Evander, in opening the door but the door didn't budge.

"Seems like the door has to be opened from the other side." Evan said letting out a tired breathe.

"But there's no one here to help us! "

"Let me call Roberts and ask him to get us out of here." Evander said dialing his Assistant's number.

He spoke with his assistant for a few minutes and ended the call.

"Is he coming? "

"No Violet, it's raining heavily outside and the roads are blocked. He said it will take time for the roads to clear, till then we have to wait here."

"What! No— We can't stay here." I exclaimed.

"Vi, we have no other way except to wait for Mr. Roberts to reach here and open the door after the rain subsides. You can call your staff to help us out."

"I will call and ask Lisa to send some one." I said searching my handbag for my mobile. There is no way I am going to stay in the same room as Evander besides I have to go home to take care of my baby, Sam cannot handle him all alone at nights.

"Shit!" I muttered as I realized I left my mobile in the car.

"What happened? "

"I forgot my phone in the car! "

"Now, we have no option but to wait for Mr. Roberts." Evander said moving around the room.

It was already dark much to my scare and it's raining heavily outside while I am struck in this haunted house with Evander. It looked like a scene straight out of a horror movie.

"O God, please help me out of this haunted house. I don't want to die out of fear, I have a baby to take care of." I was sending silent prayers to God when the windows began to thud against the window frame making me squeal.

"Aaahhh... " I jumped shouting and then a hand rested on my shoulder scaring the living lights out of me, "Aaaahhh!!!! "

"Violet, it's me." Evander said flashing his phone light on himself.

"Where are you going? " I asked as he began to move away from me.

"I will go and close the window." He said.

"Please, don't leave me alone." I almost begged.

"I will never leave you Violet." He said forwarding his hand out. "Come with me." He said and guided me towards the window as I followed him holding his hand tight.

He closed the windows and latched them.

"Someone, Please save us." I shouted at the empty walls.

"Violet, we have to relax and wait until the rain subsides. We have no other option." Evander said settling himself on the floor of the room leaning against the wall, the flash light of his phone was the only source that was keeping the room bright.

"It's because of you we got struck here. I told you that we can come visit the place again tomorrow but you were adamant." I scolded Evander.

"Vi, even I didn't expect this to happen." He said, "Please, calm down and relax there's nothing we can do now."

"Fine." I said and sat in the opposite side of the room away from Evander.

"Violet, you can sit beside me. Why are you sitting there."

"Staying in a same room as you is the last thing I ever wanted but since I got struck with you, I am trying to stay away from you." I said, " Don't know what kind of pranks you have in your mind this time to fool me."

"Violet, I never wanted to deceive you." Evander started and I cut him off.

"Cut it, Evan. I don't have patience to listen to your stories." I said closing my eyes and turning away from him.

He sighed heavily and resting his head against the wall behind him.

Evander~

I tried to explain and clear misunderstandings between Violet and me but she was adamant to listen anything. She thinks I was trying to fool her. I felt sad and angry on myself for turning an innocent and naive girl like this. It was my fault because of which my naive and sweet Violet turned into a bitter one. I broke her love and trust. I just need one chance to prove myself to her and cherish her forever.

Violet was sitting in the far end of the room away from me leaning against the wall closing her eyes. So near yet so far, She was looking beautiful and angelic , how I wish I can take her in my arms and never leave her go. I wanted to pinch her cute chubby cheeks and kiss those plump lips and make her moan my name just like the night before that fateful day Violet left me. The thoughts of our passionate night began to cloud my mind and I closed my eyes leaning against the wall listening to the music of rain drops.

Suddenly Violet screamed in fear and I opened my eyes to notice that the room was dark as my phone got switched off as it ran out of the battery. I remembered that Violet is afraid of darkness.

"Evan, why did you turned off the light." Violet's scared voice came from the other end.

"My phone ran out of the battery." I said trying to move towards Violet

"Couldn't you charge your Phone or get a power backup with you? " Violet scolded.

I smiled at her annoyance and slowly moved towards her in the light of thunder I can see her scared face with eyes tightly shut.

"Vi." I said placing an arm on her shoulder as I sat beside her. She immediately hugged me tight burying her head in my chest.

"I am scared." She said clutching my shirt tightly in her tiny hands.

"Don't be scared, I am here with you." I said wrapping my arms around her and pulling her closer. She relaxed in my arms as I kissed her on the top of her head and rested my cheek on the top of her head inhaling her scent.

After a few minutes, Violet was sleeping peacefully in my arms with her head resting against my chest with her mouth slightly ajar and a cute snore. I smiled at the cute sight. I wanted this moment to last longer. I closed my eyes sleeping peacefully with the woman I love in my arms. It's true bliss.