12

Evander~

"Alex, did you find anything? " I asked in a frustration as I reached my private suite.

"Sir, we started searching in Serpens' mansion after they left for Paris. We are sure that we will find something here, that would help us." Alex replied.

"Make sure, you find it before my wedding." I said tossing my phone aside.

I began to get ready for the pre-wedding party my Parents organised.

The party started and the guests began to congratulate me for my wedding. Jessica was clinging to me like a leech much to my annoyance. When the party finally came to an end and the guests began to leave, my jaw began to ache due all those fake smiles, I had been giving to all the guests throughout the party.

Thank God, Jessica left my side to celebrate some girls night with her friends. I found my mother speaking enthusiastically with her friends and I noticed my dad was missing. I searched for him in the party area but didn't find him anywhere. I inquired Roberts about my father and he informed that he last saw my dad going towards the pool area.

I began to walk towards the direction Roberts pointed. My Dad loves parties because there he can always sneak the drinks and get drunk to his might as my mom will be busy handling the guests.

As I reached the pool area, I found my dad sitting in one of the pool chairs with a glass of wine in his hand talking with someone. As I moved closer to him, I found him speaking to the photo of my Grandfather in his phone.

"You stupid, Oldman." My father slurred, "You eloped and married my mother against your parents wishes, You encouraged me to marry the love of my life and when it came to my son, you kept a clause for him to marry the girl of your choice. You bloody hypocrite! " My dad started hurling curses at my Grandfather's picture, in which he was smiling brightly.

"If you were alive today, then I might have killed you. But don't worry, I am sure my mother would be roasting you with her curses for your stupidity. You spoiled my son's life, You stupid Oldman." My Dad mumbled as he took another sip from his wine glass.

I smiled shaking my head and went to stop my dad from getting high on alcohol.

"Dad, stop drinking now. You are already wasted. I am sure that mom's gonna be furious once she finds out what you have been up to." I said taking away the glass from him.

"Evan— My son." My Dad slurred in his inebriated stated. "Sorry, for not being able to help you. I feel like, I failed as a father." My dad began to cry.

"Dad, don't feel sad. I will try to find out a way to get out of this mess." I assured him.

"You will? " My dad asked trying to keep his steady.

"Yes, I will."

"That's my son." My dad patted on my back, "Try and cancel this wedding, I don't want you to get married into that Serpents family. If you can't then elope from the wedding, don't worry about your mom and me, we will be happy even without all those fortunes, knowing that our son is happy. " He said before passing out.

I carried him to his room with the help of Roberts and made him lay on the bed after removing his shoes and coat.

Today, I am getting married to Jessica. Dressed in the Black tuxedo, I stood at the altar not ready to accept my fate. My dad was sitting in a corner grumpily glaring at his phone.

The guests have arrived and are getting settled down, my wedding is going to start in a few minutes and I still don't know, how to stop it. If I don't find any clue, then I will runaway from my own wedding.