6

Violet~

I kept tossing and turning in my bed, as sleep was miles away from me. I thought of a long haired guy, who came into my world and occupied my thoughts. I couldn't believe that we both confessed our feelings for each other. I was surprised when Evan actually remembered and took efforts to celebrate my birthday. He was such a sweetheart and all mine. I hugged the pillow as I dreamed about Evan.

Next day Morning, I woke up and got ready wearing a Jeans and a loose white t-shirt. I was going to attend the cricket finals where Evan's team was playing against the rival team. I reached the stadium and saw Evander in a white jersey, discussing the game plans with his teammates looking serious. He looked handsome even when he was seriously explaining his teammates about the game. I stood there observing him in silence. After a while, when he finally noticed me, he smiled brightly and came jogging towards me after excusing his teammates.

"Hey, I was waiting for you." Evan said hugging me.

"How could I not come to watch you win." I smiled.

"How do you know we are going to win, Hmm? " Evan asked raising his brow in amusement.

"I have confidence on my Boyfriend." I said and Evan smiled bright hugging me tight, pecking my lips.

"I will definitely win for you." Evan said and his coach called him as the game was about to start.

"Okay, I have to go now and will see you after the match. We have to celebrate my victory, right? " He said and I nodded.

"All the best, Evan." I said giving a small kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you, Love." He said pulling my cheeks and ran towards his teammates.

The game started and the rival team won the toss and chose to bat first. For the first half of the game, Evander being the team captain, was busy making the fielding arrangements, and trying to control the score. And then Evander's team came down for batting. The sun was bright in the sky and the teammates are visibly tired because of all the running around the field to defend the score.

The game resumed after a short break and much to everyones disappointment the first 4 top order batsmen of the team failed to be on the ground as they returned to the pavilion even before making a two digit score. The rival team was giving tough competition and defending the score. Evan came in the fifth position and he began to make the score run with continuous fours' and sixes' giving a hard time for the rival team. Everyone was getting tired but Evan was playing with the same energy from the start to end, without a hint of tiredness in his body. Finally he made a century and successfully made his team win the tournament. Loud cheers and claps erupted in the stadium as Evan's friends and teammates congratulated him for his outstanding performance and for being the man of the match. The trophy was presented to Evander and his team, he looked ecstatic. He waved his hand showing trophy in my direction as I cheered for him.

After the trophy presentation, Evan and his teammates were heading towards the showers, and I ran towards Evan to congratulate him.

"Evan__" I called him from behind and he turned back. I ran and jumped on him to give a hug.

"Congratulations, you played the game wonderfully." I said hugging him.

"Thank You, Vi." Evan said, "but I think you shouldn't have hugged me."

"Why? What's wrong with me hugging you? " I asked confused.

"I am all dirty and stinking." He said making a face.

"Like I care. I will still love you the same even in your worst." I said hugging him even more tightly making him chuckle.

"Okay, I will meet you in the parking lot in 15 minutes after I freshen up. Wait there for me." He said and I nodded.

"Vi, where are you lost?" My mom asked.

"Nothing, Mom." I said and began to eat my food.

"See... See... Aeroplane is coming... Wruuumm... Wruuumm... Open your mouth." Sam said as he motioned the spoon of baby food like aeroplane in the air and brought it near Archie's mouth to feed him.

"Yes, that's my boy, now another spoon and it will be all over." Sam said showing the empty bowl.

"Wow! Sam, You managed to feed him his baby food. It's like a Herculean task for mom everyday." I said appreciating him.

"That's Sam's magic." He said proudly, "My superman is in my team, he will listen to his uncle without troubling him. Right, A? " He cooed and Archie made some baby noises which Sam thought as yes.

I rolled my eyes.

"Is there any progress with Fernandez's deal, Violet? " My dad asked.

"No Dad, they are not ready to accept our conditions. However there is another client who is interested in the deal. I have a meeting with them tomorrow, the deal will be finalized by the end of the week."

"Mom and Dad, I have a surprise for you." I said making them look at me.

"Don't say you found a guy for you. Because I can't let a poor guy's life get ruined in front of my eyes marrying a devil like you." Sam said making me throw an apple at him.

"You idiot, I am not a devil you monster." I said starting a fight with him.

"Stop fighting like kids, you both." My mom reprimanded.

"Sam, don't fight with your sister. She is elder to you, respect her." My dad said earning a hug from me as I stick my tongue out mocking Sam.

"Vi, what's the surprise?" My mom said and I placed a brown envelope on the table for my mom and dad to open.

"Tickets for world tour! " My mom and Dad gasped in surprise.

"Yes, you both had been working all your life and its time for you two to have a vacation." I said smiling.

"No, Vi. We can't go." My mom said and my dad nodded.

"Why? " Sam questioned.

"How can we go for a vacation leaving Archie. How will you manage him alone?" My mom asked concerned.

"Yes, I can't stay away from my cutie pie." My dad said supporting my mom.

"Mom, I can manage him. He is an understanding kid." I said trying to convince her.

"Yes, Mom. Even I will be there to help Vi." Sam said supporting me.

"And Dad, you can always stay in touch with him through video calls. So, now without any further arguments you both go and pack your bags and get ready for your flight tonight." I said as my Mom and Dad made way to their room to pack their luggage, sulking.