10

Violet~

"We need to talk, Violet. Now. " Evander repeated looking at me. I was shocked with the sudden appearance of Evan in my office with Archie sleeping in his stroller just behind the desk, I am leaning on to with his father standing in front of me.

"You can leave, Lisa. I will handle it." I said dismissing my assistant.

After she left closing the door behind, I faced Evander.

"How are you, Violet?" Evander asked looking in my eyes, his tone soft. "I have been searching for you everywhere, I can't believe I found you today." He rasped.

"I am fine, Mr. Arlette. Thank you for asking." I said politely, having a argument with him and making Archie's presence known is the last thing I want now.

"Stop acting like everything's normal when it clearly isn't Violet." Evander said throwing his hands in air.

"I am not acting, Evander. I am really good and as for what happened between us, that's all water under the bridge now." I said looking at Evan,  sending silent prayers to Almighty to not let Archie wake up, while his father is in the same room as him.

"Violet," Evan called after running his hand through his neatly gelled hair, "Please let me explain. It's not like what you saw or heard." Evander said taking a step forward towards me and making me jump.

"It's okay, Evander. You don't have to explain it." I said hurriedly trying to sound as normal as possible, as I kept looking at Archie from the corner of my eyes.

"For the heavens sake, Violet, will you let me explain." Evander said furiously.

"I don't want to listen to your explanation, Evan. I don't want to believe another fake story and make fool of myself again. So, please leave me alone. I have works to do." I asked showing him the door.

"I will leave today but I will return again to clear these misunderstandings between us." Evander said with a determined look, and moved outside. I breathed out a sigh of relief that I had been holding in since Evander stepped inside my cabin.

I have many works to do but the first thing I have to do now is to keep Archie away from Evander. Not when he is engaged to a vail woman, who can go to extents to have Evan. I don't want anyone to harm my child.

I can't take the risk of exposing my son to him by bringing Archie to the office. I can't even find a nanny to take care of him in this short notice and my mom and Daisy were out of town. Now I have only one option left, Sam.

I sneaked out of the back door carrying a still sleeping Archie as I started my car to reach Sam's office.

Evander~

I was shocked, was an understatement, when I saw Violet in the Presentation room after almost two years. She looked same yet different. Her thick black glasses were no more an obstacle to her hazel brown eyes that reflected confidence. Her waist length hair was cut short and she gained a few healthy pounds of weight that made her more curvy, enhancing her features and making her look beautiful as ever, even in her business suit. She was no longer the same naive Violet, she grew up in to a strong woman and her every step reflected confidence.

She was surprised looking at me and then quickly covered it up with a smile.

"Sorry, for making you wait." She apologized but I was too shocked to reply.

The rest of the presentation we kept looking at each other, I still couldn't believe that I actually found My Violet finally, the girl I love and had been searching for. Violet liked my presentation and was ready to make a deal with us. That's a good sign as I will get to see and work closely with her. She forward her hand for a shake hand and I grasped it immediately. Her soft and punny hands looked so tiny in my large hands. I held them tight not wanting to loose the touch of her. And she struggled and took back her hand, before she walked away. As I still stood there processing everything.

I had let her go once and I can't loose her again, I have to clear our misunderstandings. I ran behind her to speak with her but a slender looking woman, who I think was Violet's assistant blocked my way stopping me from entering into Violet's cabin. But right now, no one can stop me from meeting my Violet, not after being away from her for two long years. I pushed open Violet's cabin door. Violet was standing leaning her hands on her desk with her back facing me. As soon as she saw me in her office she was shocked and looked at me with wide eyes.

"We need to talk, Violet? " I said looking into her eyes. She dismissed her assistant and looked at me. I tried hard to clear our misunderstanding but Violet was too stubborn to listen to me. I could have tried hard to explain her but the constant buzzing of my mobile in my pants pocket kept me distracted. I took out my mobile to switch off but found Jessica's name displaying on it. I have to clear this Jessica's fiasco first and have to cancel my wedding at any cost even if it takes for me to disinherit my ancestral property, I will do that gladly to have Violet on my side. First I have to clear all this mess in my life, before I renew my relationship with Violet, I can't let her tangle in this mess along with me.

"I will leave you today but I will return again to clear this misunderstandings between us." I said with a determination in my voice and left the office to call Alex, thinking to find a solution to get me out of this mess.

Violet~

I drove to Sam's office with Archie strapped in his baby seat, sleeping. I was so stupid to decline Sam's offer to baby sit and now I am sure he give attitude to me.

"O God why?" I groaned internally.

I stopped my car in front of a luxurious looking resort that has "Celebrations" Written on it in big White Italics. I rushed inside the elevators and pressed the button to reach Sam's office. As soon as I stepped out of the elevator,I was greeted by Aurora, Sam's Personal Assistant and I am one hundred percent sure that he has a crush on this forest eyed, brunette. Not that I don't like her, she was a cute, well mannered girl and a perfect one to put Sam, in his place.

"Hello Aurora, is Sam in?" I asked smiling at her.

"Yes, Ms.Everly." She replied smiling, as dimples formed on her pale white cheeks.

"Okay." I said and entered inside, after knocking the door.

Sam was sitting in his chair typing in his laptop,  when he saw me and Archie in the doorway. He raised his eye brows at me in question.

Act Violet Act, you can't show this idiot that you are dependent on him or else he will start giving you attitude, a ton of it.

"Sam, I thought about your plea to Baby sit for Archie." I said trying not to show my helplessness, and he nodded, "I thought, I should let Archie  spend some time with his uncle too. you can Babysit him." I said smiling big not to show him my desperation.

"O My Sister! how kindhearted woman, you are... " Sam said standing from his chair, "I would have totally believed you, if I didn't grow up seeing you for a one and twenty years. Now tell me what is your true motive, why are you suddenly letting me Babysit for this Little monster." Sam asked taking Archie in his arms.

"Ermm.." Idiot, why can't I even lie properly, why does this dumbo has to catch my lie. Arghh... Evander, I will kill you., " The thing is that I got a deal finalised, which means I should go to construction worksites to supervise it along with the clients. I can't take Archie there since it's not a child safe area. So, I thought to leave him with you." I said which was not a lie, in fact I need to go on field trips to show the construction sites to the clients.

"Fine, If not for Archie, I would have taken my revenge on you for how you made me beg this morning. But right now, I am happy that I get time to spend with my Superman." Sam said tickling Archie making him laugh.

"Thank you, Sam." I said, " But, I will not hesitate to kick your rear if you don't look after my baby in a good way. And most importantly don't flirt or do anything adult with Aurora, while he was in the room. I don't want my baby to grow up spoiled." I warned seriously.

"Okay, Fine. I will make sure of it." Sam said in submission.

I gave him Archie's bag and walked out of the resort after kissing my baby. Evander, it's time for me to settle the scores with you.