❦𝑺𝑰𝑿❦

"𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒚"
MAR | leo
February 2020
Spelman📍

When I woke up, Ali was still hugged against my chest. I checked my phone and it was 11 am. I didn't usually sleep this long, but I guess I was comfortable. Trying not to wake Ali, I did my morning hygiene and got dressed before going back into my room.

She sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes, "Nigga you needa close these damn curtains."

"It's not even that bright in here. Don't front."

"Yea it is. But where you bout to go?"

I thought for a minute whether or not I should tell her. We had no obligation to each other, so I didn't have to. But on the other hand, we did say we were best friends and best friends didn't keep secrets.

"Therapy." I said looking down after a couple minutes.

"Alright, I gotta class at two, so I'm probably gonna leave here right after you. Wait but you gon leave without eating first?"

She wasn't even fazed by me going to therapy. She brushed it off like I didn't even say it.

"Um- I'm bout to go eat right now." I felt like I was being scolded. "Shawty, you be tryna act like my mama."

"Yessir, call me Mama Li." She stuck her tongue out.

"But nah, just wait till I get my shit together. I'ma be babying you, watch. Gon be on my daddy shit."

"You play too much."

"Who said I was playin'?"

She just smirked and rolled her eyes jumping out my bed. I followed her to the kitchen and watched as she pulled out two bagels. Ali really in here bout to make me eat a damn bagel. Wait until I tell doc about this.

"Mar, why y'all got a gun in the cabinet?" She said waving it around.

"Ali, stop waving that shit around for you shoot me for real." I ducked behind the counter.

"Boy, nobody's finna shoot you."

I came back up and said, "Jay's dumbass put in there, talm bout 'Nobody gon guess it's there cause we don't eat bagels'."

"Makes sense." Ali finished putting on the cream cheese on both of our bagels before going to find her stuff.

"Ight. I'll see you later, best."

"Hit you later, and lock the door on your way out." I left.

_________

Dr. Davis'  Office📍

"Mar, how's your anger been since the last time I saw you."

"Probably a six, maybe a seven."

"Leo Amari King! Why'd it go up?" She shook her head.

"Alright Doc, let's not be fed. I may or may not have beat Maya's ass." I looked down at her short black heels against the white carpet.