❦𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵❦

"𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒕 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏"
ALI | aliana
MAY 2020
Atlanta 📍

We all landed in Atlanta and we were going to take separate ubers to wherever. Me and Leo were getting into an uber by ourselves, but he didn't know that I was taking him to meet my parents. Well, I didn't mean for him to meet my parents, but for me to pick up Via we had to talk to my parents.

"Wait so where we going?" He asked me tiredly. He barely slept all night because I kept having nightmares and anxiety attacks.

I felt horrible.

"Uh, we going to pick up Via." I tried to make it casual.

"From your people's house?" He looked at me this time.

"Yea."

"Ight, wake me up when we get there." Leo closed his eyes gently.

I was surprised that he wasn't more nervous, but I never knew how he would react to stuff. He was either calm or angry and sometimes I couldn't tell which. I was just glad that he didn't mind meeting my parents.

When we finally got there, I woke Leo up and helped him wipe the sleep out his eyes so we could go to the door.  It seemed like I was more nervous than he was.

I stuck my key in the door, "Y'all's favorite is home!"

Leo followed behind me, but stood close.

"Ion got no damn favorite! And don't come in my house making all that noise!" My mom came from around the kitchen corner.

"Sorry, ma. But Ma, this is Leo. Leo this is my momma." I introduced them with a smile.

Leo stepped from hiding behind me and showed those pretty white teeth that I was jealous of.

"Nice to meet you Miss Wright." They hugged.

"Baby, just call me momma. We all family here." Since when was she so sweet.

"Viaaaa!" I screamed up the stairs.

"I ain't know ugly was coming to get me! Hollon!" Via yelled back rushed.

"I hate that little ass girl." I whispered under my breath causing my best friend to laugh.

"So, are y'all together? Y'all using protection right?"

"Ma! We just friends! We're just really close." The lies I told, whew.

"Uh huh, I'm your mother. I know everything before you know it." Whatever that means.

Via came down the stairs with a purple big bag. She was wearing some blue jeans and a cropped white shirt with some air forces. My little sister was getting too grown. But that wasn't my business.

"Ali, why you bring this man here fore? You know we don't like each other." She joked.

"Everybody here likes me but you." Leo smiled small.

"Period." I backed him up. "Wait where pops at?"

"He up there sleep cause the pus-"

"Nope! That's enough folks! I'll be on my way out." I said to her and dragged my passengers out.

Why did she think I wanted to hear all that? That's the nastiest shit that I could hear come out of my that ladies mouth.

I had called another uber so we could get back to my dorm, but I forgot to even ask Leo if he wanted to come. I knew he liked his alone time and I didn't wanna take that away from him.