❦𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿❦

Cont.
"𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒕. 𝑩𝒓𝒚𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑻𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓"
LEO | mar
JULY   2020
Atlanta 📍

I busted through the front door and was met with the view of Aliana sitting at the kitchen counter with her head in her hands, her legs shaking, and her stunning natural hair in a messy bun.

"Leo!" She jumped into my arms. "I thought you were gonna stay there, bruh!" I felt tears fall onto my neck.

"I'm here. I'm here." I rubbed her back and sat us down on the couch.

"Don't get arrested again, okay? The thought of you not here had me on the verge of a fucking panic attack." She squeezed me tightly.

"I know. That shit had me scared in there. I fucked up."

"No, you didn't. The bitch deserved everything she got that night. What did Ms. Jean-Pierre say?" Ali played with my eyebrows.

"She said that its most likely that they'll drop the charges on us, but we don't know for sure so we have to play this out like I'm going to court."

"So, you could actually be going to jail?"

"Well, maybe, but we don't right now." I noticed the fear in my voice.

Some more of her tears dropped, "I'm so terrified. I'm so scared that we'll be in here and then just one day they gon come in and take you from me."

"Ion want you to worry about that."

"How can I not?"

I took a minute to think about it. I was a street nigga. Even though I was trying to get out, that shit was still gonna follow me through my friendships, family, and habits. Did she always feel like this? Did she always feel like this aspect of my life was too scary to deal with? I didn't want her to live in fear of what would happen to me. I wanted her to focus on herself and her needs first.

"Ion want you to dwell on shit that's inevitable, You need to put your needs first, okay?"

"Why are you telling me to worry about me when you just got accused of something by the fucking cops? You could actually go to jail, Leo! Why the fuck wouldn't I scared?" This time she got off of me.

"Because, Ali! You don't need to waste no fucking time worrying about shit that doesn't got nothing to do witchu!"

"It does got shit to do with me! I fucking love you, so it does! Ion want you to be thrown in jail! Is it wrong to want us to live peacefully?!"

"I'm just saying that I can worry about both of us! You worry about ya self." I didn't wanna have this conversation.

"Shut the fuck up. How can you be so damn dense? I will fucking concern myself with you if I want to!"

"You need to watch ya fucking mouth! Don't forget what nigga you talking to. You not getting what I'm tryna tell you, bruh."

"Well, make yourself more clear then! Make it more fucking clear cause I know I'm not stupid."

"Let's break up." I even shocked myself.

"Huh?" She was taken aback.

"Let's break the fuck up. I might go to jail and this won't be the last time I'm fucking caught up in sum. Ion want you to put your life on hold cause you tryna put me before yourself." I needed to go home, so I started to get up.

"What the hell?! Are you fucking crazy?! Why do you always do this to me!" She cried. "Why do you always leave me when we disagree?! We can work this shit out, Leo! We can talk it out! I told you that I'm here for you no matter what! I fucking told you that would never stop caring about you! You're not leaving." She held my left arm in her hand.