③:②②

Black SmokePresent dayStorybrooke

Black Smoke
Present day
Storybrooke

I woke up earlier than normal so I decided to go to the docks. I got ready and walked down the stairs. Will walked through the front door and jumped at my appearance.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow, "Going to the docks. What are you doing up?"

He shrugged, "Anton had a preserved bean stalk and I figured I should help the dwarves with the fields."

"A beanstalk?" I repeated, "Like magic beans?"

Will nodded, "Yeah. David usually helps them but he's busy with Emma and Gold."

"How much did I miss?" I ask with wide eyes.

He laughs and swings his arm over my shoulder, "A lot. I'll catch you up at the docks."

He drove me down to the docks and we walked around for a while as he told me everything that went on.

Apparently, after I had gotten off the phone with Emma, Hook had found Gold and stabbed him in the chest with his poisoned hook. They were trying to come home and save Gold as Cora and Regina were looking for The Dark One Dagger to kill Snow and David. Bae's new name is Neal. And lastly, The dwarves and Anton, now known as Tiny, were planting magic beans in hopes of going back home.

"Is that all?" I asked as we stopped near the edge of the dock.

He shrugged, "Should have gone to Granny's last night."

I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, purple smoke surrounded my body and the next thing I knew I was in the clock tower. Snow and David were in front of me holding the dagger as Cora and Regina were standing on either side of me.

"Luna!" Snow yells out to me.

Before I could move, Regina plunges her hand into my chest and rips out my heart.

"You see, in the end, it isn't good or evil that wins... But power,"

Regina slightly crushes my heart in her hand, causing me to let out a groan in pain, "Your choice."

"Do not harm her. She has nothing to do with this," A teary eyed Snow said.

Cora laughed, "Of course she does."

"Don't give it to them," I gasp out and Regina squeezes my heart tighter.

"Quiet, orphan," Cora demands.

David draws his gun and points it at Cora.

Regina was quick, "Mother, watch out."

Cora uses her magic to hit the gun out of David's hand and it hits the bottom level of the tower.

"Let me go, Snow," I gasp out, Regina squeezes the heart again and I yell out in pain.

"Enough of this. Surrender the dagger," Cora smiles, "We all know you'll follow your mother's example, no matter the cost. All she ever wanted was for you to be good."

"Those words" Snow pauses, "Where did you hear those words?"

Cora smirks at her, "Where do you think?"

"The Blue Fairy made me swear never to speak of that candle again. Not because it was a secret... But because it wasn't her," Snow connects. 

Cora extends her hand, "The dagger, dear."

Snow ignores her, "She didn't give me that candle. You did. My mother wasn't sick at all, was she?"

"Oh, she was quite sick," Cora laughs.

"You did all of this," Snow raises her voice but lowers it once she chokes on some tears, "You killed my mother!"

"Actually," Cora points to her, "the candle would've worked. You could've saved her."

"But you knew I wouldn't. Why?" Snow whispers, "Why did you take her from me?"

Cora shrugs, "To make my daughter the Queen."

Regina smiles at her mother then turns to Snow, "Hand over the dagger."

"No. No. I will not let you win. Not again!" Snow yells.

"You've already lost your mother. How many close connections do you have left?" Cora reasons, "Not many, I'd wager."

"If we give up the dagger, we can still win," David says.

"Let me go, Snow," I say more forcefully than the other times.

Regina squeezes down on my heart again and I gasp. This time, she didn't release her grip.  

"What would she say if she could see you now? If she wasn't dead," Cora said, referring to Snow's mother, "The dagger, dear."

Snow looks around and weighs her options. I could only hope that she would listen to me.

"Enough!" She yells before throwing the dagger to the ground.

Regina releases the grip on my heart and I gasp out for air.

Cora uses her magic to get the dagger to fly into her hand, "Such a good girl."

"You have what you came for," Snow said and Regina put my heart back into my chest.

"Not quite everything," Cora said before she plugged the dagger into my chest.

I gasped and looked up at her. I heard the muffled cries of Snow as David tried to comfort her. The last thing I remembered was black smoke swirling around me.