④:⑥

The DollPresent dayNeverland

The Doll
Present day
Neverland

I watch as Gold organizes a fire pit in front of me. We had set up camp after we walked about a mile away from Greg and Tamara's bodies. We couldn't risk getting caught by Pan or his boys if they decided to clean up after themselves.

Gold set down the last stick and drew back his hand. A large fireball formed in his palm and he threw it at the pit. It engulfed into flames and he smiled in content.

"Look at you," I mocked his happiness.

He looked at me and scowled, "I'm regretting bringing you along with me Miss Woods."

"Glad I can boost your ego," I smiled.

He shook his head and walked up to a large rock across from my seat. His shadow overlooked the large formation as he turned to face it.

I watched his every move with confusion. He reached into his pocket and pulled out an object that shimmered in the light. My eyes went wide when I saw the familiar markings and letters engraved into the side.

The Dark One Dagger.

"You brought that with you?" I asked, looking at the pointy object.

He sighed before turning to face me, "of course, dearie."

"And you thought bringing the only thing that could kill you to this island was a good idea.....why?" I calmly asked.

"For this," he said then leaned over and put the tip of the dagger against the base of his shadow.

He then began to cut the dark mass off from his body. A bright light beamed from cuts as he went along. His face contorted in pain as he went along. I stood from my seat as he cut the last bit off.

His shadow stumbled away from his body and he stood up straight again. His dark eyes looked at me before turning to the dark mass.

"You know what to do," He said as he handed the creature the dagger, "Hide it where no one can find it, not even me."

The shadow nodded then flew away.

Gold turned around and my eyes widened at him, "What the hell?"

"It's for safety, dearie," He simply said, "I'm prepared for war. I suggest you go take a walk and ready yourself."

I sighed and swallowed the small amount of spit built up in my throat before backing toward the forest. I could feel Gold's piercing eyes watch me as I turned around and walked into the dark night.

I knew Gold would want to go after Pan for everything the boy had done to him, but I didn't think of it ending in war. Gold was going to kill Peter and he wanted my help. 

My plan was to just get Henry and leave without even seeing the boys.

I needed to find Emma and the rest of them. They were my best bet at finding Henry without any bloodshed.

A twig snapped to my right and I stopped in my tracks.

A figure with a dark cloak and a club over their shoulder was walking toward Gold's camp. They didn't seem to see me so I slowly turned in the direction of camp and followed them from a distance.

I peered around a tree once I was near camp and saw the figure hand something to Gold before walking off.

I watch as Gold stares down at a straw doll. Tears stained his eyes as they threatened to fall. Once I knew the unknown figure was gone, I walked out into the open.

"What's that?"

His mood changed almost immediately at the sound of my voice. His posture straightened as he looked over at me.

I stuttered, "I-it was Felix."

"Is that from Pan?" I nodded down to the doll.

He nodded and looked back down to the doll, "He's mocking me."

"Gold," I sternly said and he looked back up to me, "We'll find him."

He hesitantly nodded before sitting down on a log near the fire, still inspecting the toy.

"I'm going to go find Emma," I announced, "We shouldn't have left them. They don't know what danger they're facing."

He didn't say anything, so I turned back into the forest.

"Luna." I heard Gold yell from his seat.

I pursed my lips before facing him again.

He was already looking at me when I turned. A small smirk was displayed across his lips as he pushed his hand toward me. I felt a small gust of wind as red smoke covered my body.

Once the breeze was gone, I looked down to see a new outfit. It was darker and looked more badass than the last one. A black lace top was tucked into black jeans as a belt tied them together. Black combat boots took their spot on my feet. A couple gold necklaces hung from my neck and my red ring was still on my finger.

I looked up at Gold and he smiled.

"Thanks son," I smirked before walking away.