CHAPTER 2 - The Meeting

It really was from the official for KING & COUNTRY Instagram account.

The message said:

"Hi Brooklyn and Trinity. It's Joel and Luke from for KING & COUNTRY. We love your video of you guys dancing with those flags to our song, Light It up.

If it's not too much to ask, is there any way that we could meet up with you two? We couldn't stop thinking about your talent and we were considering having you two be apart of the band as performers.

We look forward to hearing back you.

- Joel and Luke"

The girls could not believe what they just read. Their favorite band loves their Color Guard skills and they want to meet up with them.

The two of them stared at each other like a deer in the headlights. Winter nudged herself in between the girls. That knocked the two of them out the gaze. Trinity typed up a response. It took several minutes to figure out what they were going to say.

They said:

"Hi Joel and Luke (for KING & COUNTRY). We think it's amazing that you guys love our Color Guard talent and that you're willing to take the time to meet up with us. But, we'll have to ask our parents first. We live in Virginia and we're not too far away from the border with Tennessee. Let us know what day, time, and place works best."

Trinity hovered her finger over the send button.

"Here goes nothing." she said, then sent the message.

"Well, I need to get home. I'll talk with my dad about this and let you know what he says." Brooklyn said, grabbing her things.

"Yeah, I'll have talk to my mom as well. I'll also keep you in the loop on Instagram since I'm logged into our Color Guard account." Trinity said.

The girls walked to the garage and got in Trinity's car. She drove her friend back home on the other side of the neighborhood.

When Brooklyn got done unpacking her stuff, she told her dad and grandparents about the message from for KING & COUNTRY.

When Trinity's mom came home from running errands, she told her about the message from for KING & COUNTRY.

At first, both of their families didn't believe them because they thought that it was a one in a million chance that a popular Instagram account would DM a Color Guard account that's run by two teenage girls. Plus, they've always been told to not message strangers on social media. After the girls proved that the account is verified, their families felt a little bit better.

After a lot of convincing and thinking it over, Brooklyn's dad and Trinity's mom let them meet up with Joel and Luke. That is, if it works in their end. Later that night, Trinity got a private message from the for KING & COUNTRY text stream. It said that Joel and Luke decided to drive up to Virginia on Monday and they should get there around 10:00am. She texted them back, saying that there's a good coffee shop near their former high school. They responded, saying that's perfect.

Trinity texted the info to Brooklyn. They were so excited.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally Monday. The girls have been anxious all weekend. Brooklyn drove to Trinity's house to pick her up. They drove into town to get to the coffee shop near their former high school.

When they got there, they walked inside. The shop wasn't too busy and it felt like they were the only ones there.

"Man, I'm tired." Trinity said.