CHAPTER 8 - Color the World

It's now the end of April, almost May. The Burn the Ships tour was almost over. There's only about two more weeks left. After that, the band will go their separate ways until the K-LOVE Fan Awards.

                             ~~~~~~~~~~

Brooklyn and Trinity were warming up onstage. They were doing practice drills and a past routine. Joel and Luke were watching them in the audience. They were mesmerized by the girls' choreography and watching the flags fly in the air.

Joel was secretly recording the girls practicing and posted it to the band's Instagram story. Luke nudges Joel in the side to get his attention. He stops recording and faces his brother.

"I've been thinking about something." Luke said.

"Oh. What is it?" Joel asked.

"Brooklyn and Trinity with their Color Guard talent. Like right now. See?" Luke said, pointing at the girls onstage.

They just did a toss and caught their flags in perfect synchronization.

"Every time they toss up those flags, it's like a paint brush, painting the sky." Luke said.

An idea clicked and the two brothers looked at each other. They got up and left the auditorium.

The girls stopped for a water break and saw their band mates leaving.

"Where are you guys going?" Brooklyn asked.

"We're just going to help with unloading the instruments." Joel said.

"Okay." Trinity said, then took a sip from her water bottle.

Joel and Luke actually went out to the tour bus and got out their phones and notebooks. They were sitting in the living room. Steven and Mark came on and saw their head band members hard at work.

"What are you guys doing?" Mark asked.

"We're thinking of writing a song for Brooklyn and Trinity. So, we're jotting down ideas." Joel explained.

"That's nice. Let us know about instrumental when the time comes around." Steven said.

"Will do." Luke said.

With that, Joel, Luke, and some of the band members worked on this new song for a little while before rehearsal started. They all agreed to keep this a secret from the girls because they want it to be a surprise.

    ~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Brooklyn and Trinity were watching a movie and eating popcorn in the living room part of the tour bus. No one else was in there, except for them.

Joel and Luke walked in and sat down in front of them. They're planning to get information and/or inspiration from the girls to include in the song. But, they're gonna try to be nonchalant about it.

The girls noticed them walk in and paused their movie.

"Hey, guys." Brooklyn said.

"Girls, we have to ask you some questions." Joel said.

"Umm. Did we do something wrong or...?" Trinity questioned.