CHAPTER 5 - Priceless

The band has been officially been on tour for an entire week. Performing in a new state each day is very interesting and quite exhausting. Brooklyn has also fully recovered from her injuries. Tonight's concert was in South Carolina. Everyone was getting excited for another amazing show for a big crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~

The band was getting some last minute rehearsal time before the doors open. Brooklyn and Trinity placed their Color Guard equipment on the stage, then went into the green room to get ready.

Trinity was doing her makeup and Brooklyn was French-braiding her hair.

"I don't know how you can do that without looking at the back of your head." Trinity said, then applied her lip gloss.

"When you have a grandma who's a hairstylist, you can learn a lot in so little time. Okay, I'm done if you want me to do your hair." Brooklyn said, tying off her braid.

"Okay. I just finished my makeup, so you can start." Trinity said, handing her hairbrush to her friend.

Brooklyn got to work on French-braiding Trinity's hair. A few minutes later, the band came into the green room to get ready.

"Hey, girls." Joel said.

"Hi." they said in unison.

"You ready for tonight?" Luke said.

"Yes. Ow! Brooklyn, not so tight." Trinity said in pain.

"Sorry, but it has to be tight or it won't stay. There you go. Now, you gotta do my makeup." Brooklyn said, tying it off.

"I like how you two help each other get ready for shows." Daniel said, while twirling his drum sticks.

"Like how Brooklyn deals with our hair and I deal with our makeup? Yeah, that's how we've done it for all Color Guard seasons." Trinity said, applying mascara to Brooklyn's eyelashes.

After about ten minutes, the girls were ready and they took a concert selfie. It was hard to get a good picture because there were photo bombers. The girls were stretching on the floor. The band members were either talking to each other or promoting the concert on social media.

It wasn't long before a stage coordinator came into the green room and he made a whistle noise. That made everyone get quiet.

"Trinity, there's a boy here who wants to talk to you. It sounds urgent." he said.

All eyes were on Trinity and she looked confused. She came out of the splits and walked out of the green room. The stage coordinator led her to where the boy was.

Trinity stopped in her tracks and her heart leapt to her throat. She knows this boy, it's her ex-boyfriend, Ian!

"Trinity!" Ian exclaimed.

"Ian." she said in a disgusted manner as she crossed her arms.

"Wow, you look beautiful." he said, trying to sound all nice.

"What are you doing here?" Trinity asked.

Ian walked towards her, almost invading her personal space. She noticed and stepped back a little.

"You had forgotten that I moved down here to South Carolina for college. When I heard that you were apart of this band and that they're performing here tonight, I'd thought I would come and cheer you on." he said.

Trinity wasn't buying any of this sappy stuff.

"Yeah, right. Why don't you tell me the real reason why you're here." she said.