CHAPTER 11 - The K-LOVE Fan Awards

A/N: Luke's wife, Courtney gave birth to their first baby girl this morning!!! Welcome Evie Joy Smallbone to the world 🥰🥰🥰💖💖💖

Now that my fangirl moment is out of my system. Let's get into the chapter!

The girls and their families finally got to go back home for three weeks to enjoy some well-deserved relaxation. It felt so good to be back home. Brooklyn and Trinity loved seeing their pets and sleeping in their own beds again.

There was one thing that they need to accomplish before the summer starts. That is, applying for college! Their gap year is almost over and they've been so busy with for KING & COUNTRY to even think about it. It's also hard when they don't even know what they want to major in.

                             ~~~~~~~~~~

It's now the last week of May, which also means the K-LOVE Fan Awards are that weekend.

It gets even better! The band is nominated for a few titles at the award show and the girls were allowed to invite their families.

Trinity puts on her backpack and pulled her suitcase off her bed. Winter was pawing at her leg, while whining for attention.

"Awe. Winter, we're only going away for the weekend. Grandma is going to take good care of you. I love you." Trinity said to her dog, then pet her furry head.

She walked down the stairs to see her mom and brothers ready at the door.

"Took you long enough." Mason joked.

"I was saying goodbye to Winter. Where's the harm in that?" she said.

Her mom had that look on her face that she has something up her sleeve.

"What?" Trinity questioned.

"You might wanna turn around, sis." Wyatt said.

When she did, her dad was standing near the kitchen entrance in his military uniform. Trinity gasped and ran into her father's arms. They squeezed each other so tight.

"DADDY!" she said in excitement.

"Hi, sweetie." he said.

"I'm so happy you're home." Trinity said.

When they let go, her dad looked right into her eyes.

"I wouldn't miss this award show for the world. You and Brooklyn have worked so hard for it." he said.

"Well than, we better get going." her mom said.

With that, the family went outside to their car. While driving out of the neighborhood, Trinity noticed Brooklyn's dad's car right between them.

Tennessee, here they come once again.

After hours of driving on the interstate, the girls and their families have arrived in Tennessee. They're staying at a hotel in downtown, which isn't too far from where the award show is being held.

They got settled in and unpacked, they went sightseeing for the next few hours.

Before long, it was time to get ready for the award show. As usual, Brooklyn and Trinity helped do each other's hair and makeup. They're wearing their senior year Homecoming dresses.

Brooklyn's dress & hairstyle: