CHAPTER 6 - Sick Days

It's been about three months since the band has been on tour. The band went out to dinner after their last show in California. There was an Outback Steakhouse a short walk away from the church where they performed at that night. After they ate, they paid and got boxes for leftovers. They all walked back to the church where their tour buses were.

Trinity was in the bathroom, getting ready for bed. Her stomach started to hurt a little bit.

"I must've eaten too fast." she told herself, then walked out of the bathroom.

Brooklyn was in her bunk bed, reading her latest book, Little Fires Everywhere. Trinity climbed up to hers and laid down. Her stomach pain came back. She groaned as she held her stomach.

Brooklyn got out of bed to put her book away.

"Trinity, are you okay?" she asked.

"No. My stomach hurts a little bit." Trinity said.

"You probably ate too fast or your food is digesting." Brooklyn hypothesized.

"Maybe. Hopefully, it'll go away soon." Trinity said as she turned over.

Luke came into their bunk room.

"Lights out, girls. We're about to drive off." he said, then shut the door.

"Good night." the girls said in unison.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Brooklyn woke herself up early to go to the bathroom. Her lower abdomen started to hurt. She knew what that meant, so she prepared herself for her period.

Brooklyn went back to the bunk room and searched through her suitcase. She pulled out her heating pad and went outside to the kitchen.

As the heating pad was in the microwave, Brooklyn filled up her water bottle and cut up an apple. She sat down at the table and placed her heating pad on her lower abdomen. It was hot, so it eased the pain.

There was the sound of a door opening, then Courtney walked out with Leo half asleep in her shoulder.

"Brooklyn? What are you doing up so early?" she asked.

"I started." Brooklyn whispered.

"Oh. Are you okay?" Courtney asked.

"I'm hurting a little, but drinking water and eating an apple helps." Brooklyn explained.

"Okay, just making sure." Courtney said.

She set Leo down in his high chair at the table, then looked through the cabinets for his food.

Then, Trinity came running out of the bunk room and went into the bathroom. Brooklyn could tell that she was holding her mouth.

"Oh, great." Brooklyn said sarcastically.

She got up from the table and made her way to the bathroom. Then, Trinity came out with a sick look on her face.

"I just threw up." she said.

Brooklyn walked her friend to the table. Courtney felt her forehead and she was burning up.

"Can you girls watch Leo for a second? I'm gonna go get Luke to tell him about what's wrong with you both." she asked.

"Sure." Brooklyn said.

She found one of Leo's toys and gave it to him. That'll keep him occupied for a little while. She also fixed Trinity a glass of water.

A few minutes later, Courtney came back into the kitchen with Luke.

"Girls, what's wrong? Courtney said you both don't feel good." Luke said.

"Yeah. Trinity just got sick and Brooklyn is on her period." Courtney explained.

"What? Are you guys okay?" Luke asked.

"Not really." Trinity said, sounding very weak.

"Luke, I don't think we can perform this week. We're sorry." Brooklyn said.

"Oh, of course not. You girls just focus on getting better. After everyone has breakfast and gets ready for the day, we'll take Trinity to the doctor." Luke said.

After that conversation, the girls went back to bed and slept in for a few more hours.

                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Courtney took Trinity to the doctor about her stomachache. While the band rehearsed at the amphitheater, Brooklyn stayed behind on the tour bus to babysit Jude, Phoenix, and Leo.

After about three hours, the band came back onto the tour bus for a lunch break. They brought in two pizzas from Domino's.

"Hey Brooklyn. How do you feel?" Joel asked.

"A little bit better." she answered.

"Do you need anything?" Joel asked.

"Umm. Can you fill up my water bottle?" Brooklyn asked.

"Of course." he said, grabbing her water bottle.

The other band members turned on the TV and put on a football game that they recorded on the DVR. They were cheering on a team. Brooklyn helped Luke's boys clean up their school books, so that some people can eat at the table.

After thirty minutes, Courtney and Trinity came back on the tour bus. They got back from the doctor.

"Trinity. How are you feeling?" Teddy asked.

"A little better, but not much." she said.

"She has a stomach virus and the doctor gave her some medicine. Hopefully, she'll be better in about a week." Courtney explained.

"Awe. Poor thing." Daniel said.

"I know, but I'll be fine." Trinity said, still sounding weak.

The girls walked to their bunk room and get back in bed.

They rested for the day, and that continued for the rest of the week.