CHAPTER 14 - TOGETHER

It's now March. Brooklyn and Trinity have been enjoying their lives at Liberty University. They both decided to major in Design because they've always had an interest in designing and customizing unique things. Such as: logos, stickers, T-shirts, etc. The girls have even thought of starting a design studio business after they graduate from college.

It has definitely warmed up on campus since that it's almost spring time. The workload has been excessive lately because spring break is right around the corner.

Other than them, for KING & COUNTRY has been on a tour since the new year started. They just arrived in Toronto for their Canadian tour. The girls are so jealous that they couldn't be there with the rest of the band. But, they're planning to join the band again for the summer tour.

~~~~~~~~~~

Brooklyn and Trinity were walking to the Dining Hall to meet Cadence and Jared for a double-date anniversary dinner.

The girls met up their boyfriends outside and they all went inside the Dining Hall together. They went their separate ways to get their meal. Cadence found a booth and they sat down to eat. The four of them discussed their plans for spring break and summer vacation.

Suddenly, it seemed like everyone's phones were going off. It sounded like the Amber Alert noise.

It was a breaking news alert, reporting a new virus called, Coronavirus or COVID-19 has emerged and people are staring to get infected. Next, came an email from the Dean of the University, saying that all students and faculty are being advised to move off of campus to ensue public safety.

Brooklyn, Trinity, Cadence, and Jared looked at each other with wide eyes. They got their dinner to go and went back to their dorm rooms. They contacted their families and started to pack up.

The girls got the majority of their things packed up for the night. They called their families to tell them about what's going on, and Brooklyn's dad agreed to pick them up to bring them home. As they were getting ready for bed, Trinity's phone started ringing.

"I got it for you." Brooklyn said, grabbing her friend's phone.

"Thanks." Trinity said from the bathroom.

She walked out and saw her friend holding her phone. It was Luke, trying to FaceTime them. Brooklyn accepted the call and waited for the signal to connect. After a few minutes, Joel and Luke appeared on the screen.

"Hi, guys." the girls said.

"So, we arrived in Canada and started to set everything up. Then, we had to pack it all up again and turn around to come home because of this new virus." Luke said.

"The Canadian tour is canceled?" Brooklyn questioned.

"Unfortunately, yes. We didn't have a choice." Joel said.

"Well, we just got a notice from the Dean of the school, saying that everyone is being ordered to leave the campus. So, we're almost packed up and Brooklyn's dad is picking us up tomorrow." Trinity explained.

"Yeah, everything looks bare in our dorm room." Brooklyn said.

"How will you guys assume classes?" Luke asked.

"We don't know yet. It'll probably be online." Trinity answered.

"Well, we're exhausted and I'm sure you girls are too. So, we'll let you go and we'll catch up later." Joel said.

"Alright. Bye." Brooklyn said, then hung up.

[Two Months Later]
The Coronavirus is plaguing the world. It's getting worse as time goes on. People are calling it "the new normal." Masks, Social Distancing, Quarantine, Working from Home, Online Learning, the list goes on.