𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

=★=

          Aurora and Harry were fast asleep. Harry was sleeping on the bed, and Aurora was sleeping on the makeshift bed made up of blankets and an old pillow on the floor. It wasn't a very big space so they took turns sleeping on the bed.

          "Up! Get up!" 

         The twins woke up, startled. Though, this is how they usually wake up. The sound of either their Aunt or Uncle knocking on the door and screaming at them.

        "Now!" their Aunt yells, as she smacks the door of their closet.

        "Jeez." says Aurora sleepily. She hadn't gotten much sleep that night. She barely gets sleep any other nights. She usually stays awake thinking about her parents and how her life would be if they were still alive. Harry, on the other hand, gets more sleep than Aurora. He does often wonder what his parents were like but not as much as his twin sister.

         "Did you get any sleep tonight Rory?" Harry asked his sister. He was worried about her, he always is.

         "Yeah, I did." lied Aurora. She knows that her brother worries about her, and while feeling grateful for such a loving, and caring brother, she wishes he could lay off her for a day.

         "Good." said Harry, not really believing his sister.

        The twins hear loud footsteps right above their closet. It was their cousin Dudley. He starts stomping on the stairs, and dust starts dropping from the ceiling on Harry and Aurora. "Wake up Cousins! We're going to the zoo!" he yells. He laughs and runs down the stairs.

       "Stupid Dudley. I can't wait till we're 18 so we can move out of this hell-hole." Aurora says to Harry.

       "Language." Harry says back to her. Aurora playfully rolls her eyes and smiles, as she gets up and opens the door of their very small bedroom.

       As she starts walking out she was pushed back in by Dudley. "Ouch!" exclaims Aurora. 

       "Are you okay?" Harry says, trying to hide the laugh that was about to come from his mouth.

       "I'm fine." Aurora replies, getting up and cautiously walking out the door, not wanting to get pushed again. Harry follows her into the kitchen.

       "Why don't you two just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything." Petunia says.

       "Yes, Aunt Petunia." The twins say in unison.

       They set to work. Aurora attempts to flip the bacon and miserably fails. Luckily the Dursleys were not watching, so she put it on her Uncle's plate. She giggled and brought the plates to the table.

       "What are you laughing at, girl?" Her uncle glares at her.

       "Nothing, my favorite uncle." she says as she fakes a smile.

       "I want everything to be perfect for my little Dudley's special day." says Aunt Petunia. Aurora tries not to roll her eyes at that.

       "Hurry up! Bring me my coffee boy!" Uncle Vernon says as he looks away from his niece.

       "Yes Uncle Vernon."

       Aurora watches as her Aunt leads Dudley into the family room, where there were a vast amount of presents. Dudley stares. "How many are there?" He asked.

       "Thirty-six. Counted 'em myself." He says. He's probably proud of himself for counting that far. Aurora thinks.

       "Thirty-six? But last year, last year I got thirty-seven!" Her spoiled cousin screamed.

       "Yes, well, some of them were quite bigger than last year!" Vernon tries reasoning with his son.

        "I don't care how big they are!"

        "Oh, now, now, now. This is what we're going to do, is that when we go out we're going to buy you two more presents! How's that pumpkin?" Dudley nods trying to do the math in his head. 

        "Spoiled brat." Aurora mutters so no one can hear.

=★=

       How did you all like the chapter? I'm bored and have nothing to do so there might be another chapter, possibly two, coming out later.

Question: What is your favorite color? I want to get to know you guys more! My favorite is yellow.