𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

=★=

After getting an ice pack from Madam Pomfrey for Aurora's face, Hagrid, Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Aurora were walking along a path, talking.

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked. The group of four had told Hagrid about their suspicions of Professor Snape.

"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Harry told him.

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?"

"It has a name?" Hermione asked. 

"It's cute." Aurora shrugged her shoulders.

"It's a three headed dog, Aurora. That's not cute." Ron said to her.

"Touche." 

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" He paused.

"Yes?" The group tried to get an answer out of him.

"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry tried to convince Hagrid. 

"Codswallop. ProfessorSnape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione said. Aurora thought for a moment.

"Exactly." Harry said gesturing over to Hermione.

Hagrid sighs. "Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between ProfessorDumbledore and NicholasFlamel."

"NicholasFlamel?" Aurora looked up, hearing the unfamiliar name. By then, the icepack was getting too cold on her face, so she threw it away.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid leaves the group of four.

"NicholasFlamel...Who's NicholasFlamel?" Aurora asks to no one in particular.

"I don't know." Hermione responds.

=★=

It was Christmas Eve. Aurora, Harry, and Ron were sitting at a table, playing wizards chess. Aurora had teamed up with Harry, because so far, he hadn't won a game against Ron. Hermione approaches their table, wheeling a cart. 

"What should I do Rory?" Harry whispers to his sister.

Aurora turns to him. "Hmm, Knight to E-5." She whispers back.

"Knight to E-5." Harry repeats. A piece moves across the board. Ron thinks for a moment.

"Queen to E-5." A queen walks over to E-5 and clinks the knight away.

"Cool." Aurora said.

Harry turns to her. "Did you make me move that piece, just so you could see that?"