"baby shopping"

Dior's P.O.V

"I'm sorry she did what?" I asked confused over the phone trying to wrack my brain around how or why Charlie had punched Darius.

"Yeah, she just punched me out of nowhere, Dior. Jeez I really don't think she's safe to be around you know. I should tell your father about this" he says as he keeps rambling on but as soon as he mentions father, I sit down on my bed and speak in a hushed whisper.

"No! Darius you don't have to do that. I am the one responsible for-"

"Why are you holding yourself responsible for her? She had made the choice to do an act of violence towards an innocent person and she needs to be paid for it" he says and I shake my head, who was this man I was talking to? The Darius I knew never wanted revenge on anyone, no matter what they did.

"Darius, this is a little extreme. Look if you want to press charges against her then go ahead but-just know that I'll be the one bailing her out" I told him truthfully as I was ready to grab my phone and keys.

He sighs over the phone, "You can find better friends D-"

"Darius, I don't want better friends. I want friends that care for me and I for them, I just want to have a good friendship and I'm sorry but Charlie is the one for me, seriously. So please stop-I-don't think your father would like to hear about this would he? About how you're calling me up trying to blackmail me" I said and for a split second there I didn't know who was talking, now I was worried of who I was becoming.

However, just like me I knew Darius cared a lot about what his father would think so he quickly said "whatever, have a nice life" before he hung up. I didn't want to do that to Darius but-I didn't like the way he was talking about Charlie, like she wasn't good to be friends with me. Like she was some-loser and punk.

I mean she did punch him but-maybe there was a reason behind that. So I had to swallow my pride, yes she had lied about what she'll be doing but I knew I needed to talk to her so I opened up my phone and dialed her number, it rang and rang which was unusual because she always answered on the second ring and I kind of knew why she wasn't answering now.

She knew Darius would tell me. So I hung up without leaving a message and I sighed as I sat on my bed then laid down on my back. This bed is where it all started. Where I had kissed Charlie. I could still remember what that was like, she just looked so lost-so confused and it matched the emotions I was feeling.

I had the urge to just-just kiss her, those lips, her hands, her arm, her nose and those eyes. God those eyes, they were like looking into endless pools of blue. The way she would look at me also made me feel things, legs turning into jelly and everything so I knew I had felt some type of way for her. After that I did display signs of mixed feelings and I did feel a mixed of emotions because of what my family would think-

"Hey so have you met Charlie's baby mama?" Joshua had asked me as he was coming around the corner and stopped at my room, I turned my head to the side to look at him and I sighed out loud, vividly expressing my annoyance with everything and especially with this conversation.

"Yes I have met her Joshua" I said straightforwardly as I went to my backpack and picked it up furthermore taking out my math book and doing my math homework.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Is she hot?" He says incredulously like I didn't think he wanted to know that. I shook my head at his shenanigans, ready to tell him to leave me alone but when I look up and see his eyes, I think to myself. She hasn't shared any of this with Joshua has she? So I ask him as I put my math book aside on my bed.