"shes obsessed with you"

Charlie's P.O.V - 3 Weeks Later

I was outside the local hospital, following Joshua but I waited outside. Their mother had collapsed the other night and they said it was a stroke or something, wasn't really listening, kind of drunk that night when we got the call.

It's been a couple of days since she's been in the hospital and it was only a matter of time that I'd expect to see her again and I was right because I saw her and Joshua walk out the double doors of the hospital.

We locked eyes and I moved off of leaning on my car to their direction and I sighed as I watched her cast her eyes away from me then.

"How's she?" I asked them well, mainly Joshua because Dior seemed to take a phone call as she walked away. I shrugged it off as I waited for his response and he shrugged.

"She's fine. She'll be alright. Just need to keep her there for a couple of days because father wants the best" he says and I nod, offering him my apologies as I bring him into a small hug, not too much and not too little.

"She'll be alright and when you're off to work again, I'll come over and visit her" I offered and he was just about to respond when she interrupts him;

"That's okay, we don't need that. I'll be staying for a couple of days to make sure she's alright and back home" Dior says straightforwardly and I nod, wanting to say that it would have been perfectly fine if we'd had married and she was my mother in-law then it would have been fine. But I didn't say that.

"Well alright then. I gotta get going anyways, but uh—call me if you guys need anything" I said and ignored how Dior rolled her eyes as I then opened my car door and got in, furthermore starting the car and putting it in drive as I took off, wrapping my hands right around my steering wheel.

When I got home, I dropped my keys in the bowl and I smiled as I noticed Quinn and Malakai laying down on the couch as they watched Tangled.

Tangled is a good movie I had thought as I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and walked to the living room as I took off my shoes and laid down next to Malakai and he smiles wide when he sees me and cheerfully climbs in my lap as he wraps himself in a ball and continues watching the movie with my arms around him.

"How'd it go?" Quinn asks me and I look at her slightly and shrug;

"It was fine I guess. She'll be alright. That's all that matters" I said and directed my attention to the movie again, if I wasn't gay I would have been going crazy over the g—

"Did you see her?" She asks me and I look at her again, not wanting to talk about it but Quinn has kind of always been there so I do tell her things, including what had happened in New York.

"Yes I saw her—felt like she didn't see me but hey what's new" I said and I heard her sigh as we then confined to watch the movie in silence, me thinking about Dior and still how I was able to fix this.

I didn't want to live my life knowing I didn't do everything I could to fix this. So I waited for Malakai to be asleep and when Quinn had left I was alone in my room and on my bed, spread out on my back as I stared up at the ceiling.

Replaying memories of the good old days, well days I consider to be good at least. When we didn't have to worry about university and for a small time—babies, I chuckled as I thought about Malakai and how he was born.

I was just about to start baby proofing the apartment when I got the call at 8PM, a screaming Quinn yelling about how her water broke while she was eating pancakes and watching porn which I was confused at first but then I ran out of my apartment like a hellhound was on my ass.