"arizona here we come"

Charlie's P.O.V

After that night Dior and I agreed that we would be moving to Arizona. Well, getting away from New York for a while.

She had contacted her law firm the next morning and explaining the situation to them, they had assigned her to somewhat be on the back burner.

She'll be able to receive cases and work on them but it wouldn't be a face to face thing. She also hasn't really said a word about anything—especially about the incident and I understood that.

Of course I did. I just made sure to keep a more watchful eye on her, as I watched her put our bags onto the weight thingy at the airport. We were at the perfect weight.

I smiled towards the receptionist as if trying to hurry her up because I could tell that Dior just wanted to sleep, the plane ride would help in that. So for another long ten minutes we were on our way through security and to the gates of our flight.

Once we were settled into our seats, I noticed she had slightly moved away from me and I frowned slightly at that, sort of hurt. But I brushed it aside. Maybe she needed some space so I lightly held her hand and was grateful that she had even let me do that.

The flight was an hour and some changes were long. Now Dior was cuddled into me, me lightly running my fingers through her hair. And I smiled as I felt her lightly kiss my neck gently and then she whispered—

"I love you, I love you so much" she says and the smile I had grew wider as I slightly turned my face so I was facing her and so I leaned in and gently placed a small kiss on her lips, closing my eyes at how I missed doing that even if we had just kissed like since we left the airport.

"I—I don't know what to say. I don't know how to—"

"Hey—we don't gotta talk about this right now if you don't want to. It's fine" I whispered to her as I lightly rubbed the back of her hand with my thumbs. She looks at me for a second before she smiles and looks down then nods.

"Thank you" she then says and I nod before wrapping my arms around her again an—

"Fuck!" Someone suddenly cursed in the plane a few seats back and since I have never seen this—it freaked me out too because Dior jumped, jumped more than a simple oh that scared me, no.

She jumped as if—as if she had thought that, that could be Holly. I just kept holding her after that, listening to her breathing, feeling her hold on me. I just kept praying that we would land soon and my prayers were answered because the pilot had done his speech over the intercom and then we felt the wheels being dropped.

Now—I know I shouldn't have been nervous but plane rides before and after freak me out. Especially taking off and landing, and I don't think I've ever told this to Dior so I remained in my seat, the nerves started kicking up, my stomach began to drop as the plane was pointing downwards slightly to the runway.

I could feel it, my palms becoming sweaty and I was holding Dior's hands so—I tried to brush it off.

"Jeez—my hands. They are very sweaty—I uh—I just need to brush them off" I commented and she lifts her head from my shoulder as she takes a look at my palms. She hasn't said anything but the grip that I had on the armrest when the plane had lowered itself down onto the runway said it all.

"You're scared of flying? Why haven't you told me about this?" She asks me after taking a tissue and wiping off my sweaty palms. I just shake my head as I watch the plane fly past numerous mountain shapes through the window.

"Hello?" Dior says and I groan as I then feel us start to slow down me assuming we were going to go park at a gate or something.

"I just— I just didn't want you to think it was silly you know after the countless times of me flying to come see you" I said and she just shakes her head before playfully slapping my shoulder.